Chapter 8

I walk into the kitchen and begin to search the cupboards for tea, as I'm bent over and searching in the bottom cupboard, my butt is slapped. I quickly stand up and spin around to see Dark with a smirk lingering on his face, he then leans forward, causing me to lean back as he pins me to the counter top.

I'm utterly confused. Wasn't he just so upset about hitting me, shouting and treating me so bad, he regretted it, didn't he? Was he lying? Was he just trying to regain my trust again? I have no clue.

He bites onto his lip as he looks up and down my face, and quite frankly I'm feeling very uncomfortable. I turn my head away but he quickly grabs my chin with his hand and twists my face towards him, squishing my cheeks. I look away instead and tuck my lips into my mouth, avoiding whatever he is about to do.

At this moment Matt walks in and I'm relieved, I try to move away but Dark holds onto the same place on my left arm where he bruised it yesterday, causing me to exclaim out in agony

Matt's eyes quickly dart to me and I give him looks of plead. He looks shocked, his eyes widen and he sprints out of the room. I go to scream 'Help' but I barely get any sound out before Dark puts his body up against mine and covers my mouth. I wriggle vigorously to escape but that doesn't help at all.

By this moment in time, I'm panicking. I feel my heart beat quicken and my breathing becomes rapid with fear, then Dark sticks his head into my neck and...that's it...

I see figures rush into the kitchen and I fall limp onto the floor as Dark quickly lets go of me.

- - -

MARK POV

I am being shaken furiously by someone, I open my eyes and let out a small moan in annoyance.

"Mark... Mark!" Matt whispers, still shaking me.

"What?" I ask, annoyed.

"It's-It's (Y/N)." This makes my eyes open in relisation that (Y/N) isn't here.

"What's wrong?" I rub my eyes as I sit up.

"Dark is pressing up against her in the kitchen and holding onto her arm, it must hurt as she was literally shouting in pain." He quickly says, making me jump to my feet and rush to the kitchen. I rush in to see (Y/N) fall limply to the floor as Dark looks down at her in surprise.

"What did you do?" I shout, falling to (Y/N)'s side and shaking her in an attempt to wake her.

"N-Nothing. I was jus-"

"What? Sexually assaulting her? For fuck's sake Dark, this has to stop." Matt shouts back at him in frustration.

I slide my arms under (Y/N) and carefully take her into the living room, placing her on the settee. After a few minutes she wakes up suddenly, looking around the room in panic with worry filling her eyes.

"(Y/N)?" I call her name, worried and confused.

Her head snaps towards me and she lets out a sigh of relief, but at the moment Dark walks in with a bowl of cereal (Y/N) suddenly hugs me, hiding her face as she shakes with fear.

"(Y/N)?" I whisper into her ear, hugging her back.

"Yes?"

"You're going to be fine, try to calm down."

- - -

I don't know what to do.

Dark is a maniac.

(Y/N) has been kidnapped.

I have to still live a normal life while this all goes on.

It's crazy.

(Y/N) calmed down and we all chatted about Dark, with Dark. He said he doesn't want to do the things he does, but he cannot control it.

So now we're at the breakfast restaurant I promised we would go to. (Y/N) has her hoodie covering her face, her head looking to the floor while Dark is his alter ego, Damon. It creeps me out that he can just change his appearance.

(Y/N) POV

I don't know why I agreed to this, because I'm just self conscious of anyone seeing me. Even if my sleeves shift slightly higher up my wrist, I quickly pull it back down to my finger tips to avoid detection, even though I don't know anyone in America and I doubt anyone can detect me by my fingers.

We sit in a booth, I'm next to the window with Mark on my right while Dark sits opposite me, then it goes Matt and Ryan. They managed to fit as Matt takes up the same amount of room as a plastic school ruler. It's strange to see 'Damon' as he sounds like Dark but looks completely different.

"What would you like to order?" Mark takes me from my thoughts and back into reality as he smiles kindly at me.

"I, umm. I don't know." I glance at the menu in his hands, but trying to read it from where I'm sitting proves a challenge when he holds it an angle.

"Here, have a look." Mark slides over next to me, leaning into my shoulder while pointing to options on the menu. They all seem very... 'American' to say it in the nicest way. Big, American style dishes that are so different to my British taste buds. I never really liked 'The British Full Breakfast', but seeing it on the menu sparked my interest.

I go to speak but when my eyes fall on his face I'm lost for words, a small smile is on his face as he examines the options, his glasses have slightly fallen down the bridge of his nose as he uses his index finger to push them up. His dark brown eyes soon snap up to mine which causes me to look away, but not fast enough as he whispers, "Take a picture, it lasts longer."

I smirk to myself with a small blush as I read the description of 'The British Full Breakfast'. It sounds similar, but probably won't be what I'm expecting.

"Hmm, 'The British Full Breakfast' sounds nice.... But so does pancakes and syrup... Hmm... Decisions." Mark is whispering to himself as he decides what to choose, I snort from trying to keep in my laughter, quickly covering up my face as I grow a little embarrassed, "What?"

"Nice talking to yourself." I grin, "I was also thinking about getting 'The British Full English Breakfast'. I want to see how different it is from the actual one."

"You sound so posh and British when you say it," Mark jokes, imitating my accent while saying it.

"That's because I live-" I stop myself, "Lived. That's because I lived there, Mark."

"What're you two getting?" Matt intriguingly asks.

"We are both getting 'The British Full English Breakfast'." I tell him, adjusting my hood slightly.

"You sound so British when you say that."

"That's what I was going to say." Ryan excitedly says, high fiving Matt.

"Gosh..." I sigh.