Chapter I

Please by warned that this story contains mature scenes, please only read on if of suitable age and maturity. Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think. The only reason to upload to this site is for feedback and although I enjoy writing for myself, if I receive no reponse then there is no incentive to upload. 

Chapter I

The room was spinning and not the fun kind of spinning. She reached up and roughly dragged her sweat-drenched hair off of her face to reveal the long hallway she had been attempting to get down for God knows how long. Stumbling into the wall, she pushed herself away only to stumble straight into the opposite side. White spots danced across her vision as she struggled to keep her knees from buckling. She knew she should take off her high wedges that were only hindering her stability but glancing downwards her fuzzed brain couldn't imagine how to get them off as they were so far away. Taking a deep breath she turned her head, resting it against the cold walls which helped her focus on her aim. The letters W.C. called out to her and after closing her eyes and a forced exhale, she re-began her quest. Her eyes rang from the too loud music that had her fellow graduates writhing against each other on the dance floor but she only had herself to blame for her more than queasy stomach. Stumbling once again, she smiled haphazardly as the door gave way before her and only just managed to keep upright. Crashing into a stall, she prayed that no-one would be present to witness her in this state.

Collapsing to the floor she barely forced her head over the toilet before her snack-noodle dinner and copious amounts of alcohol spewed from her mouth. Bouts and bouts of vomit kept on coming out of her mouth, jerking her body each time. Tears leaked from her eyes as she continued to retch, not caring that she was probably catching something from leaning her head against a public toilet seat. She shouldn't have come tonight. She knew it would only make things worse. Socially awkward as a young kid, everyone said she'd grow out of it and make friends in junior school then it was high school and then it was art college but after years she'd come to the end with no true friends to speak of. Acquaintances sure, "how was your weekend" type of friends but no-one that she ever truly connected with. Forget about finding love either, that was a whole other ball game, one that she doubted she would ever get to play. Tears streaming harder down her face, she squeezed her eyes harder and screamed internally with self-hatred.

She hadn't had a drink in years and feeling the bile in her throat she remembered why. Once she started she couldn't stop and it was never a pleasant ending. Jarred out of her now common state of melancholy and with a clearer head she glanced down at her dress. She pulled at the hem that was way more daring than she normally went for watched as the wet fabric slowly climbed back up her thigh when she released it. Deep purple and figure hugging, she had had walked straight past it dismissing it in the shop but several days later in a fit of confidence she had marched in and headed straight for the till. It had been gorgeous but now was covered in drink stains. Following along her short, cellulite pimpled legs to the fancy wedges she had bought with it, her fingers shakily struggled and eventually won against the tiny buckles. Pushing them off her feet, to great relief, she looped them through her fingers. She slowly rose to her feet, ready to rush back to the toilet if need be. Standing upright - though leaning against the side of the cubicle - she exhaled sharply before straightening and heading slowly towards the sink. Once there, she gripped onto the marble edge for stability and grimaced at her reflection. Her hair that she had curled especially for the occasion was now frizzy and stuck to her forehead with sweat. Her make-up was a disaster and beyond saving so she ducked her head towards the tap. Cool against her heated skin, she sighed and scrubbed her face. Gulping at the cool stream that seemed to be bringing life back into her, she hoped that she wouldn't get too bad of a hangover.