Forty Eight.

Songs for this chapter are:

*Autopilot // Kodaline

*Begin Again // Taylor Swift

*BoRdErSz // Zayn

*

Belle blew out the candles on her cake and everyone cheered as the lights went back up in Louis' kitchen. Louis' grip on me tightened and I looked at him out the corner of my eye, seeing him smiling contently. He cupped his hand by his mouth and yelled 'speech' causing Belle to giggle nervously. She stood up straight and untangled her hands from her hair while crossing her legs at the ankles.

"Um, I guess I need to thank everyone for coming today. It means a lot to me that you could all be here. I would make a wish but I already have everything I need." She turned to face us and opened her arms as she walked towards us, wrapping us both up in a hug.

My heart started to soar as I wrapped one arm around her and the other around Louis knowing that this was our little family together at last. Belle was right, there was no longer anything to wish for because I finally had everything I needed.

Everyone cheered around us and Belle pulled away before curtsying. The kitchen started to empty and Belle walked back over to the cake, trying to take in its details.

Louis leant in close to me, whispering in my ear. "Come with me Haz." He tugged on my hand and lead me away from the party and into his living room. The door was closed, something I thought was unusual but I brushed the thought off as it was a party. Louis popped the door open and I was met with darkness, except for the flickering of orange. My eyebrows knitted together as he pulled me deeper into the room and suddenly I saw the flickering was candles which were laid out everywhere. The room smelt like vanilla and I took a deep breath in and smiled at Louis.

"Wait here." He held his hands up to tell me to stop where I was as he walked towards a cassett player in the corner. He must have pressed play because The Fray started to fill the room and I chuckled as Louis sashayed towards me, mimicking dancing. "I forgot how much you love this band." He smiled at me and our hands interlinked as we kind of danced on the spot. We swayed from side to side and I couldn't pull my eyes away from his, even if I wanted to. They were sparkling and seemed to be so full of life, something he was missing those few short months ago when we met again.

"Harry?"

"Mhmm?"

"I don't know if this is too soon but I wanted to ask you something." His hands pulled away from mine as he lowered himself and I had no idea what he was doing. When he landed on one knee my mouth dropped open and I took a step back. My heart dropped to my stomach, but not out of fear, just nerves but it started to beat rapidly. I put my hand over where my heart was to stop it from falling out of my chest.

"Harry, if it's too soon then that's okay too. I just wanted to let you know that I love you more than I knew was possible. I love you more now than I did when I was 20, and I loved you a whole damn lot then too. I've made some horrible mistakes that I can't forgive myself for but I feel whole again knowing that you do forgive me. The last 19 years I have had a part of me missing and when I'm around you everything feels right. You feel like home Harry and I have loved you since we were 18. Please marry me. Let's do everything right this time. Let's get married and adopt a family. Will you do all this with me? Will you marry me?"

I felt a tear slip down my cheek and a lump rose in my throat. I didn't trust my voice enough to talk and his blue crystal eyes started to droop, like puppy dog eyes, so I started nodding frantically. He jumped up at me and enveloped me in a hug, even wrapping his legs around my waist. I started to laugh and gripped him tightly as I staggered backwards.

"Yes I definitely will." I couldn't even get my words out before he started kissing me, peppering my whole face in kisses. "I thought you were going to say no." I laughed harder and he dropped down but I still gripped his waist. "Why would I say no you loon? I love you too much to do that."

"What did I do to deserve you?" I shrugged and knitted my eyebrows together, teasingly. "Hmmm, not really sure actually." He swotted at me and stepped away from my grip, starting to blow the candles out. I copied him and when we were surrounded in blackness I felt him come up behind me and kiss the side of my neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Gotta tell Belle now Haz."

"I'll do it. Today."