Joey Rickard {Birthday Surprise} [MLB]

"Baby? Baby girl, where are you?" My boyfriend, Joey Rickard, yelled through the house. I curled deeper under the blankets of my bed and hid from his voice. "Baby, are you in here?" He says as he opened the bedroom door. "No." I groaned as I pulled my legs to my chest.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asked me as he pulled the blankets from my body. The rush of cool air caused me to shiver. "Babe, come here." He sat down on the bed and pulled me into his lap. "Tell me what's wrong." He whispered in my ear as he placed a kiss to my outer ear.

"I don't know Joey. I don't know what's wrong with me." Sobs escape my lips and fill the room. He rubs my back softly as my tears stain his Baltimore Orioles Baseball shirt. "I'm ruining your shirt Joey." I manage to hiccup. He laughs and wipes some tears from my cheeks. "I can get another one whenever I need it."

Soon, I've calmed down enough to talk without hiccuping. "Joey, help me." I whisper as he continued to rub my back. "I'm here baby. I've got you and I'll help you through it. We'll get through this together."

Joey soon begins to type on his phone, a laugh escaping his lips. "C'mon baby, lets go." "No, leave me here." He picks me up and sets me on my feet. "Get dressed for me, please?" He whispered in my ear, leaving kisses in the process. I sigh and walk into our huge closet to find some clothes.

After grabbing an outfit, I walk into the bathroom and take a shower

After grabbing an outfit, I walk into the bathroom and take a shower. I took my time in the shower, as I was lost in my thoughts. It wasn't until Joey knocked on the bathroom door that I realized I was still in the shower. Turning the water off, I step out and dry off before getting dressed.

"See, doesn't this feel way better?" Joey asked as I walked down the stairs. He pulled me into his chest and wraps his arms around my body. "I love you baby girl." He kisses the top of my head and rests his head there while grabbing my hand. As he intertwines our fingers, his phone begins to ring. "Yeah?" Silence. "We're on our way. See you when we get there." He places a kiss on my lips and carries me out the door.

"It's the offseason, why are we coming to Camden?" I whispered. "We're having a little softball game. Some of our friends from around the league came." The car comes to a hault near the players entrance and Joey helps me out. "Hop on my back. I'll carry you in." I rest my head in the crook of his neck as he walks into the ballpark.

"Baby, open your eyes." Joey says as he places me on my feet. I slowly open my eyes and see all our friends standing there. A huge 'Happy Birthday' banner hung from the pressbox. "Happy birthday baby. Welcome to your birthday party." I begin to cry tears of happiness and Joey pulls me into a hug.

"Thank you everyone, you shouldn't have done all this for me." I managed to say. My brother Brandon Crawford and his girlfriend Sam step forward and each give me a hug. "You know Sam and I had to do something for your birthday. You really need to thank that boyfriend of yours, he planned all this." I turn around and wrap my arms around Joey's neck. "Thank you babe. I don't know what I would do without you."

The rosters for the softball game ended up like this:
P: Shelby Miller (Your Team)
Madison Bumgarner (Joey's Team)
C: Buster Posey (Your Team)
Salvador Perez (Joey's Team)
1B: Anthony Rizzo (Your Team)
Freddie Freeman (Joey's Team)
2B: Ian Kinsler (Your Team)
Joe Panik (Joey's Team)
SS: Corey Seager (Your Team)
Brandon Crawford (Joey's Team)
3B: Kyle Seager (Your Team)
Kris Bryant (Joey's Team)
OF: Drew Stubbs, Andrew McCutchen, Adam Jones (Your Team)
Cameron Maybin, Mookie Betts, Alex Rios (Joey's Team)

Joey and I were the managers, and we were ready to win. "Ready to lose?" I said as I stood chest-to-chest with Joey. "Nah, I'm ready to win." He smirks back at me. "Don't get to cocky." I yell to him as I walk into the dugout.

Sam was being the umpire for the game, while also keeping score. Ian was up to bat, with a 3-2 count. A full count. Madison pitched the ball to him, a low fastball. It was just outside the strike zone, but Sam called it a strike. Ian became pissed off and stormed into the dugout while Joey looked at me and laughed, angering me.

Once the game came to an end, I stormed up to Joey in the clubhouse and tapped him on the shoulder. "What were you laughing for?" He laughed again as he picked me up and sat me on the counter. "Because I knew it would piss you off." He hopped up on the counter with me and laid his head on my shoulder.

"You had better be glad I love you, you dork." I pecked his lips and began to smile. "You know you love your dorky Joey." He said as he closed his eyes. "And I wouldn't have it any other way."

_____________________________________

Let me know what you thought!
{910 Words}
4.10.2016