It's tough

No POV

It hadn't taken Linda long to get back to the company building after packing all the things she thought Camila would need while being in Miami. By the time she stepped foot into Camila's office the young editor had already packed her laptop and was turning off her office computer.

"All set Ms. Cabello" Linda says holding out the carry on bag

"Did you grab my tooth brush and my hair brush and also my allergy medication?" Camila asks her while putting her phone and it's charger in her purse

"Yes and I also packed your tooth paste and a few of your bathing suits for if you decide to go to the beach" Linda informs

"Good now were you able to at least stop by where you live to pack?" Camila asks

"Um not really I wasn't going to have enough time to get back here if I had gone back to my grandma's apartment to pack for myself" Linda responds

"Ugh okay when we get to Miami you can take my card and get your self what you will need while we are there" Camila says while walking towards the door to leave

"Um Ms. Cabello if you don't mind me asking why exactly are we going to Miami?" Linda questions

"We have to work at the Miami office for Martin and you are coming because you are the only I trust with doing things correctly" Camila replies

"So how long are we staying there exactly? I mean I'm only asking so that I know to tell my brother that our grandma might have to stay with him for a while" Linda says nervously

"I don't know how long I will be there but if it makes you feel better after 2 weeks you can come back I know that you have classes starting again for you after your spring break ends" Camila responds while getting into the elevator and hitting the button for the roof

Camila's POV

I know telling Linda that she was coming with me to Miami was a choice I needed to make. Normally I would have gone by myself but even though the girls was 3 years younger then me and still in college, I knew she would be a help in this situation. She also wasn't a very social girl. In a way she reminds me of how I was my first few years in High School and also how I was when I came to Columbia university all alone 4 years ago. I know a few important things about Linda though. She is studying Journalism at NYC, She lives with her grandmother in Brooklyn. She is also the youngest with 3 older brothers, who I have met and also turned down when they tried to get me to date them. And the finale thing I know about Linda is that after she came out to her parents as transgender they wrote her out of their lives.

I actually have a very high respect for Linda too. She had started as an intern at the beginning of last year in the mail room and one day after having an awful phone conversation with my mother she had brought me the mail that was for Martin. She had noticed that I wasn't in the greatest of moods after I had slammed my phone on my desk and instead of her just leaving the envelopes on my desk she stood in front of me and asked if I was okay. I didn't answer her right away because I really didn't know her at the time but she then had the courage to sit in one of the chairs in front of my desk and tell me that she had the same type of relationship with her parents. After she told me that we had gotten into a conversation about dealing with parents who just never understood us and before we had finished our conversation her boss had come into my office yelling at her about not doing her job correctly. After seeing her face fall from all the yelling I decided to step in. Not even 2 seconds after I had gotten her superiors attention the man's face looked shocked to see that his intern was talking to me and started apologizing immediately. In a way I had found it funny because I knew he had a crush on me but I would never even think of going out with him, but I also found it funny because Linda had started giggling at how embarrassed her boss was. At the end of it all though I had been able to move Linda from mail intern to my secretary by the end of that same week. Since then she has been my only close friend since I came to New York and she is also the only one who truly knows about my problem with my mother.