I Write Songs not Tragedies

It was odd walking into a police station again after so many years. The Miami station sure has changed in a while but it still creeped me out. Yesterday the whole Alex issue left me thinking. Lauren made her statement and to make sure Alex learned a lesson the police decided to keep him in here for a few days. I didn't want to be here but the more I thought about what Lauren said, in regards to Alex's behavior the more I wanted to to find out. I guess it was the reporter in me but still I needed to find out why Alex acted like that.

"How may I help you" a lady that sounded like a character from monster's inc asked.

"I'm here to see a guy you have locked up back there, Alexander Benefounte" I stated.

"Name please" The woman asked

"Camila Cabello" I replied

"One moment while I get him take a seat" She answered.

I waited for a little while until the door opened again and Alex came out in hand cuffs

"What the fuck are you doing here. Coming to make up more lies about me?" He stated in a bitter voice.

"Listen I don't want to be here either but I need answers okay. The stuff Lauren told you that other day were regarding some files my office in New York received 3 years ago and I never posted them in my magazine because I was told not to, I'm here because I need answers Alex. If you say those charges are false I want to know why. You at least owe Lauren the truth the entire truth not what will benefit you" I tell him

"What good will that do she looks like she hates me and went back to you so why do you want to know the truth?" He questions.

"Because if you don't tell me where all that shit came from you could be facing life in prison not just for robbing your families company blind but for all the other charges too" I respond.

"Look I didn't do that stuff that Lauren accused me of okay. I had an assistant a few years ago before I met Lauren, that some how became obsessed with me. When I noticed it I had her transferred and put a restraining order on her to also stay away from my family and my son." He says making me look at him with wide eyes

"Wait you have a son?" I asked

"I had a son 3 months before I met Lauren he was killed in a car accident. I wasn't with him. He was with my younger sister getting back from the movies when a car ran a red light and crashed right into them my sister died on impact while my son was taken to the closest hospital but didn't make it due to brain trauma. The driver who hit them was never found it was what you Americans call a hit and run. Till this day I still think it was that crazy bitch who killed them but the police in Italy never found the proof. A month or two after it all I couldn't stay in Italy because it hurt to much and I moved to Spain which is when I met Lauren. I swear that the charges of rape and child porn are false I mean I loved my son every day of his life he died at the age of 5 and when I met Karla she reminded me so much of him that I would never do anything to that little girl. I'm telling you the truth Camila. I know you don't like me and I guess my arrogant ass deserves it after how I treated you when  in New York during college but please believe in this." Alex says with tears in his eyes.

"I'm not a lawyer but I can try to find the source of those reports and accusation. As for your son I'm really sorry about him he must have been a great kid. what was his name?" I ask

"Ryder his name was Ryder and he was the best kid ever nothing like me" Alex responds

"I bet him and Karla would have gotten along great. For now though just stay away from Lauren until I can get a good look at those files and also see If I can talk to my connections in Europe about that issue you mention." I reply