f i v e ; short shorts

AWW ONE YEAR AGO IM KIND OF CRYING

Calum's POV

So I collapsed in my bed that night, sober for the first time all summer. The house was quiet as usual my father not home and my mother probably drinking in the garage. My siblings were off doing whatever they were doing so i woke still alone. The bland cheerios tasted sweeter this morning as I thought about her, Marie. I couldn't help but worry about the diary. I knew she was pretty young when she wrote that life plan but near the end, the recent entries that the boys didn't read here was a day by day countdown. The plan was addressed in every entry lie she was genuinely going to follow it. I pushed away my thoughts as i threw my empty bowl into the sink before Luke's name lit up my IPhone screen.

"Hello?" I answered, immediately being able to hear the air conditioner and Ashton yelling at Michael to turn it up. Mikey could never handle the Australian heat. "Ready for some banding?" Luke asked kissing his teeth slightly at the two boys fake-arguing in the background.

"Yeah, I'll be over soon." I told him and hung up the phone before walking up the stairs and struggled some black jeans over my legs along with a maroon t-shirt. I walked down the road to Luke's house still thinking about Marie, obviously. Known this girl for 14 hours and already giving me panic attacks, trouble.

I reached Luke's house soon enough and glanced over at the house she was parked infront of previously, not knowing for sure if she lived there or not. I looked higher at the balcony that was one big board of wood shared among the houses seperated by another upright block. I a bedroom window caught my eye, then a girl dancing visibly in quite short shorts was the next thing I saw. I smiled as she turned around revealing herself. Yup, that's Marie. She moved herself to the music that I couldn't hear.

I crossed my arms infront of my chest and leaned back, watching her from a clear view. Very visually pleasing. After about 7 minutes of standing completely still staring at a window, Luke approached me. "Calum! What the hell are you looking at? We've all been waiting for you!" He screamed at me. I tried to distract Luke from looking at what I was, you know just incase. Luke was always better with the ladies than I was. I could get them for a night and no return. Luke could get them for a night, and longer if he wanted. Where I went wrong was my attitude. I was nice and respectful and apparently that was a bad thing. Girls want to be demanded.

"Nothing, let's go!" I yelled head locking Luke and rubbing his little blonde head. "What the fuck?" He mumbled but just kept walking with his head in my hands.