e l e v e n ; "you're not my dad."

Marie's POV

So later that night my family made the 17 second descend to Lukes house, all dressed up. Liz opened the door, bringing all of us into a short embrace and into the house. I hugged all the boys before making my way down their dark hallway to the kitchen. The air reeked of Chinese food.

I sat down rat the corner of the table. Luke to my left and Nathan to my right. Liz served the food for us and I actively ignored the meat on my plate as I just nibbled at the bread and rice. As the conversation died down the background noise got worse. "Luke, can you go check who's raiding your phone?" Liz asked him and he nodded standing from the table and walking into the kitchen.

Luke's POV

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Bro. I've been trying to call you. How's it going? Does she like me?" Calum questioned me.

"Umm.."

"Luke, I told you to see if she does"

"and that's what I'm doing" I said, it turning out a bit more sarcastic than I would like.

"Luk-" Calum started in a warning tone as if he was ready to beat the shit out of me.

"Cal, let me tell you something. If you really like this girl you can't just sit around picking pedals off of flowers. You have to make her like you. And f she doesn't budge, make sure she knows what she missed."

"Well, let me see if she's in to me before go all fuckboy on her."

"Your wasting time, son"

"you're not my dad."

"but i am"

"goodbye, luke."

The line went dead and I laughed to myself before spinning my self around. "You have a kid?" Marie's voice shot through the kitchen, making me jump slightly.

"No, um. I don't." I said to her, trying to get my confidence back but hell she distracted me. She is kinda cute, not really my type though. "Oh, okay" she giggled before turning on the tap and filling her empty glass with water. "So, Marie. I'm in a band.." slipped out, where the fuck did that come from? oh well, i will find away to make it about calum as any good wingman would do. "good for you" she responded, "we're have a show on the 27th. stop by, it starts at eight in my backyard."