s e v e n t e e n ; "I guess so."

Calum's POV

Marie walked through her backyard door and sat on the chair opposite of me. I came to her house and asked to speak with her, and this is where I was told to wait. She came out dressed in some hello kitty shorts and a maroon t-shirt.

"Hey" I breathed. as she sat down, I was smiling a toothless smile. (picture)

"Hi." She spoke.

"So, um. If you don't want to be girlfriend I totally understand that. You don't have to hide it, we can just quit all this stupid plan shit and just leave each other alone. You can go to college and I'll do my own thing, you'll get much farther than I'll ever get. Why am I trying to bring you down. It's been nice meeting you, Marie." I ranted as she just sat there with the blankest expression.

"You done?"

I nodded.

"I do want to be your girlfriend, Calum. Last night was pretty messy I'm not gonna lie but I was drunk and felt free for the first time and I did things I shouldn't have, you were completely right to get mad. I'm sorry. And as for the plans I realized what you meant last night. For the first time in years I was free and it felt so good. I should be living like that in the first place, and I know your just trying to help me." She responded, I smiled wider at the sound of her voice.

"So we're dating now?"

"I guess so" she shrugged and came over to where I was sitting and kissed me. "Wanna go on a walk?" She asked and I nodded standing up grabbing her little hand and interlacing it in mine. We walked along the sidewalk swinging our hands as we did so.

"So, what are we doing tonight?" She turned to face me, I realized how beautiful she was when she did. I always thought Marie was beautiful but hell she really was. Her skin was smooth, her lips full and pink, her cheeks a tinted red almost always, her big brown eyes and her thick black hair. The deep dimples on the creases of her mouth that were so adorable with her laugh.

I pressed my lips to her cheek. "Uh, oh I have a surprise for you tonight. I'll pick you up at around 11:40. Bring a bathing suit. And this weekend we're gonna go on a road trip to the coasts down south. We'll be gone for maybe a week." I explained to her and she nodded. Once we reached my doorstep I looked back up at her and smirked, "I'll see you tonight."