e i g h t e e n ; volleyball dares

Marie's POV

So I went home that night feeling pretty happy. I had a boyfriend, and he was good looking, and not a dick. I took a long bath that night, and of coursed put my laptop on top of the closed toilet seat and watched Modern Family because what else would I do? About an hour or 2 later it was coming up to 10 so I got out of the tub and slid the same Forever 21 'triangle' bikini over my body and put a flowy top and pair of shorts over it. I brushed out my hair but didn't bother doing it because it was gonna get ruined soon, guessing by the bathing suit he asked me to bring we would be swimming. I also got out the navy blue carry-on I haven't opened since my family went to Orlando when I was 14.

Because it was Sunday night and we leaved Tuesday morning I grabbed about 6 different outfits, one was more dressed up but wouldn't anything be? All I packed was ringer tees and denim shorts. I grabbed my makeup bag and all those little bathroom items, a few pairs of shoes and zipped up the carry-on. Of course I had no idea where the hell Calum was going to be taknig me. All he said was "road trip, down south." Maybe we'll be going to some parties and meeting some of his friends.

I heard my phone buzz from under my pillow and stood to my feet, striding over to it.

From: Calum

bring some towels ;)

I laughed to myself before sliding my phone into my pocket and closing my bedroom door on my way out, of course not forgetting to grab two lime green towels. I locked the front door and jogged over to where Calum's black Honda was parked literally in the middle of the street. I slid my body into the passenger seat, he turned his head to face me smiling a bit and then turing back to the road before speeding off, like we were making a getaway.

"Hey baby" Cal smiled placing his hand on the inside of my thigh. "Hi" I smiled back. "Where the hell are you taking me?" I asked giggling a little before turning my head to my window and trying to recognize my surroundings, but nothing came to mind.

"Can't tell you." He smirked raising a brow, which would've been really hot if I wasn't trapped in a dark metal box moving at 70 kph up a pitch black hill at a quarter to midnight.

"You're scaring me" I admitted trying not to look at him and how the dark shadows and now lit golden streetlights illuminated every feature on his face. He focused on the road so much, probably because the car he was driving was 7 years old and the hill was pretty steep. Calum's jaw set every once and a while and his eyes looked black from where I was looking.

He cracked a smile, rubbing my thigh trying to get me to ease up. "Aw, baby i'm sorry. I'm just trying to surprise you don't get scared" he told me chuckling a little. I sucked in my bottom lip and chewed at it a little, not responding to his nickname or his statement, even though I loved the thought of both.

After I didn't say anything Cal took y hand in his own and lifted it to is mouth, placing a soft kiss to the back of my palm before speaking into it, "I'm not gonna hurt you, Marie. Trust me" he spoke softly smiling - I could feel his lips moving against my skin. I smiled, "okay" i said and he nodded, placing my hand back into my lap and returning his left hand to the steering.

I was whipped, God - I was so whipped. I had fallen, literally for this kid. I was absolutely mesmerized by him, the tiniest little shits he does became so damn interesting. I couldn't stop staring at him. Fuck, Marie your in too deep, it's only been a month and this is also just so damn creepy. Stop staring at him.

"Do I have anything on my face?" Calum's question cut the silence and my thoughts into threads.

"Hm?"

"Do I have anything on my face? You're staring."

"Oh uh, yes- NO. I'm not sure why I said that, you absolutely don't have anything on your face.. at all. Sorry for uh.. doing that - how much longer.. a drive?" I stuttered my words like a complete idiot making weird head twitches every time I said something wrong. Which was every time I opened my mouth.

"Not long" Calum laughed, his face crinkling up when he did so, another sight to stare at.

Someone get me some dignity.

>>>>

We eventually reached the destination. Calum, being the gentleman that he his opened my door for me and walked me up to a black fence. He turned to a little keypad on the wall and entered a series of numbers that made the doors fly open.

I walked in slowly to see quite a huge house, but Calum led me to the back which right in the middle of the backyard was a pool, with a little volleyball net in the middle.

I looked back at him and smiled, smirking a bit. "Quick round?" He shrugged and I nodded. Dragging my hands along the waistband of my shorts before reaching the button and pulling them to the ground, and removing my top revealing the bikini underneath. Calum just sat and watched pretty much as I entered the pretty and for some reason purple water first.

I drifted around the pool, that was pretty nice as Cal climbed into his side.

"20 questions volleyball. at night and in my dads fiancées pool. Simple." He shrugged taking a beach ball and serving it and I hit it back, he caught it.

"What's your question?"

"Uh.. how many instruments do you play?" I asked and Calum laughed, "so innocent. Um, bass and I'm learning guitar. How many people have you kissed?" he served the ball.

"Two."

"You?"

"Many, maybe 14. How many ex's so you have and names"

"One, his name was Michael. You?"

"So original Marie. Uh.. 5. Casey, Jailee, Nia, Riley, Ciara. Most of them were in middle school, i don't really like relationships."

Yet your in one.

"Who's this Michael, how did you break up?"

"Those are two questions, and as I said he is my ex boyfriend. What do you like about me?"

"I like your eyes - who is he, like full name."

"I don't know, Calum. We dated a long time ago"

"Do I know him?"

"Yeah, maybe. We live in a small town. I don't know. This is boring. Let's do something fun. Volleyball first person to get to 20 points wins, and has to do a dare" I proposed, trying to drive Calum's attention away from Michael and more to what we were doing. Yes eventually he's going to find out that me and Michael, like his bestfriend Michael had dated but maybe he would tell him or we would together. It was a 7th grade relationship, how many feelings could possibly be in the dark.

Calum just nodded and we began the competition, I lost by ONE point that didn't even count and Calum of course dared me to make out with him, we did so and then he drove me home. Successful night, I guess.