t h i r t y; "someone I used to know."

Marie's POV

"Michael, what the fuck are we doing?" I asked turning to face the boy, casually browsing through the pads and tampons isle in Walmart.

"Remember one of the things on the list... pull an all nighter?" He whispered and j rolled my eyes.

"Attention costumers, Walmart will be closing in 5 minutes. This has been the last warning."

All of a sudden the red haired boy grabbed my hand and pushed me into a closet, turning the lock.

"Michael what if we get locked in here?" I asked, whispering as the heavy footsteps got louder.

"We won't."

I glanced down at the light passing through the crack of the door. All of a sudden it shut off, leaving us in complete darkness. I jumped for Michael's hand, just wanting to make sure he never left. A short sharp beeping started next.

"What's that?" I asked.

"The security alarm, it'll stop after a few seconds" Michael said and I just nodded. It was just me and him for the next few seconds, all I could hear was him, all I could feel was him, and all I could see was nothing.

The alarm stopped, and the light returned, Michael's free hand was placed on my waist, his pointer finger tracing the skin revealed between my crop top and my flannel.

He leaned in, but I cut off his actions by placing a hand in his chest.

"Well, it's over." I chirped opening the closet door and walking out into the completely empty Walmart. We could do absolutely anything we wanted too.

Michael coughed awkwardy and followed me out of the closet. "Yup, we gotta meet back in there before 5:45. Bring your own pillows and food, and then we'll leave at around 10 in the morning."

"So we have," I glanced down at my phone screen "8 hours to kill."

"Thanks math club"

"Was that a race joke? Listen, just because I'm asian doesn't mean that in a fucking math quee-"

"-Marie, relax. Modern Family."

"Ah, right yeah, I loved the episode. Sorry." I apologized, brushing a hair behind my ear and looking down at my sneakers very embarrassed.

"It's fine. Your Vietnamese right?" Michael asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Calum told me"

The look on Michael's face after the name slipped through his lips made you swear he just killed someone. I tried not to let it bother me, but hell it did. Then I remembered, Calum was supposed to take me here. We were supposed to make out in that closet, streak through the isles, ride on the fat people scooters, and race spiny chairs. I shouldn't feel this way for the boy that begged for my trust and then cheated on me with his ex-girlfriend.

It was only then that I realized I still hadn't responded to Michael.

"Oh um, yeah. I am."

"Cool, do you wanna go race the scooters?" He asked and I perked up and raced him there. Even running there Calum found his way back into my mind.

When am I going to move on? Calum obviously isn't thinking about me the way I do him. Calum honestly didn't give a flying shit about me, when will I return the favour?

Calum's POV

I sat on my porch with my guitar on the spot next to me, I rocked the swing back and forth, looking down at the second song I had now wrote for Marie.

I had already laid 3 girls (if that doesn't make me a Luke then i don't know what does) and none of them made me feel any better... mentally, that is.

Jailee was only trying to break Marie and I up, she really had no interest in me otherwise.

So I sighed and grabbed my phone on the table, and looked through my Instagram feed.

The first photo I saw was Michael's, it was a picture of Marie on a Walmart scooter with a big smile on her face. The isles were empty, and that's when it hit me - Michael stole the list.

My breathing hitched as I read the caption.

"my cure"

Out of complete instinct I went to my contacts and chose Alex's name.

"Hello?" She spoke, sounding wide awake - considering the time.

"Hello Alexia, it's Calum. What you doin?"

"Alex," she corrected "and just chillin - watching some movies" she shrugged and I nodded though she couldn't see it.

"Well, get dressed. I have something to show you."

>>>>

She walked out of the house, and I came out from behind it. I never really found Alex attractive but I did Marie and Michael did Alex so he messes with me I mess with him. As she approached me I placed my hands on her waist and pulled her in-between my legs and kissed her again.

It was nothing like kissing Marie.

We pulled apart a while later. "That wasn't so bad was it?" I asked softly, trying to make my voice resemble the sound of butter on warm toast. Is that even a analogy?

Alex sighed, rolling her eyes and placing her hand on my chest. "Calum, what are we doing?" She asked. "I'm with Michael."

"How 'with' are you? Because right now Michael is in a Walmart, making out with my e- Marie." I asked her and she shrugged.

"Who's Marie?"

"Someone I used to know."