t e n ; looking like an angel

Marie's POV

So I woke up that morning to a loud knock on my door and it opening, "Marie! Church! Let's go!" My mom screamed, slamming the door shut again. My eyes opened and I groggily rubbed them before looking to my left and finding a certain brown haired boy fast asleep beside me. I barely noticed his hands around my waist and the first four of his fingers under the waistband of my shorts until I tried to talk to him, making my voice crack insanely.

"CalUm, I need to go to church and be productive so you have to let go of me" I shook him and he loosened his grasp. "What? Oh yeah, okay" he nodded rubbing his face before turning over. "You need to get out of my room." I told him. "Nah, I'll just go with you guys. It'll be cool." Calum said through the pillow and I rolled my eyes, pushing the sheets out of my way and stretching.

I grabbed a yellow dress from my closet and a couple necklaces and went into the bathroom across the hall that was luckily empty. I stripped out of my pajamas and slipped on the dress, dusting it off a bit. My ass and boobs looked great and my stomach looks almost good, my thighs disappeared so isn't this as good as it's gonna get.

I zipped open my makeup bag and grabbed some BB cream and blended it into my skin, winged my eyeliner, and spread on my mascara. I put on some lipgloss and tugged my hair out of its ponytail right before Calum barged through.

"Knocking would be nice" I rolled my eyes and he hummed a "mhm" and jumped into my shower.

"Calum, my mom doesn't know you slept over. and she's gonna kill me. You have to go"

"Tell her that im your gay best friend" Calum shrugged turning on the water. "That is not gonna work" I sighed fluffing my hair a bit.

"Marie! I need to borrow your"

"Fuck" I cursed. In four seconds Eva was going to barge through the door only to see my shower on, a shadow in it and me fully dressed standing outside. I can't lock the door, because then i'd have to unlock it. So I did the only thing I could, I jumped into the shower.

"-neckla- oh." Eva said grabbing it off the sink and stringing t around her neck. Calum's eyes opened wide and I cupped his mouth with my hand and cringed looking up at he ceiling. "This is so cute, thanks Marie. Oh and moms on your neck - hurry up" she said before slamming the door shut.

I let out the breath I was holding and took my hand away from Calum's mouth. He smirked at me before leaning in and I pulled away almost immediately.

"What?" He asked.

"Not now" I said stepping out of the shower and grabbing my glasses off the bathroom sink and sliding them onto my face because my eyes were to dry for contacts. My family sighed and all groaned a 'finally' as i came down the stairs and they rushed into the car. 

>>>

About an hour into the service, also an hour of fanning myself with their annual activities flyer it ended. We stood, sang a song and turned to people and shook hands for the "may peace be with you" part before it wrapped up. I stood and adjusted my strapless bra for the 69th time and walked out of my bench lane and to the brownie stand in the corner. Almost immediately I saw Luke stand from his and walk towards the stand. My heart beat quickened as he approached me, well the brownies. "Sorry," he mumbled and i moved away so he could grab one. Another boy walked up to him, "Luke where did you get that?" he asked. That boy looked like a hotter version of the hottest, a beard across his sharp jawline and dimples with longer blonde hair. "There" Luke mumbled. "Where?" the boy asked back. "Jack, their right there" Luke pointed to the big plate of brownies and walked away before an older woman approached me, with my mother. 

"Marie! Hi!" She exclaimed bringing me into a hug, thats went 'Jack' and Luke left. "Jack come back, you too Luke - Marie you look adorable, how are you?" 

"Fine... Mrs. Hemmings" I told her remembering I saw her name and her family in the brochure I was fanning myself with. "Oh call me Liz. These are my sons. Jack, Luke, and Ben - he's in the bathroom somewhere" She told me before I shook her hand. I smiled before excusing myself to outside where I ate my 3rd brownie on the comfort of a bench outside the church, just before one of the Hemmings brothers approached me. It was Luke. 

Luke sat next to me keeping a distance of none, no chill. "So, umm hi. Your family is having dinner at my house tonight. Just felt like you should know that" Luke told me and I nodded. "Okay." I said before laughing at my awkward response.  

"So what's your name?" he asked me, which was a bit weird because he just heard his mom say my name like 3 times.

"Marie" I told him. "Luke" he responded.

"so, how old are you?" he asked again. 

"Seventeen."

"Have you graduated?"

"Yeah, my birthdays August 31st" 

"Going to uni?" 

"Yeah, actually. I'm gonna study medicine at N.Y.U." 

"Impressive."

So that continued, the coherent questions and simple answers until our mums came out. "So, Marie. Hopefully I'll see you tonight." Liz said and leaned over, bringing me into an awkward side hug. I said goodbye to Jack, Ben, and Luke. Luke's glance lasting longer on me as I got into the ugly minivan my mom only uses to transport the whole family and brought us home. 

I found Calum had left and texted me something about looking like an angel in the yellow dress I was wearing. I didn't respond and just collapsed onto my bed.