t w e n t y - t w o; moon to my stars

Marie's POV

"Marie" a soft voice whispered, rocking me awake. "Go away." I groaned "it's like 4 in the morning"

"It's midday." They responded and I rolled over. "Really?"

"Yeah"

"Oh."

I sat up in bed rubbing my eyes and patting the nightstand for my phone. "Get dressed, we're gonna go out." Was all he told me, I rolled my eyes at Calum's bluntness and laughed to myself as I stumbled out of bed and to the bathroom. I did my usual routine - washed my face, makeup, and just put my hair in a ponytail. As for an outfit I chose a white top that stopped right above the hem of my jeans, it was kinda werid to wear it since I dress more to cover my skin than to be comfortable but I had lost a lot weight since meeting Calum. The anxiety that e gave me made it hard to eat.

I just grabbed my phone and sandals and head out of the door. Calum was sitting on the white sofa, watching a football game. I dragged my feet over to the kitchen and placed some cold pizza onto a plastic plate since that was the only food in the whole house, other than some mushroom soup as old as Rosie.

I came and sat down next to Calum, he wrapped his arms around my shoulder for maybe the 4056th in the past three days. "You look pretty, babe." He kissed my cheek making me smile.

"You always say that." I told him.

"Maybe because it's always true."

I fluttered my eyes down to my food, feeling incredibly idiotic not being able to stop smiling. I felt like I was in love, but I'm seventeen - how am I supposed to know?

"What's the plan for tonight?" I asked him.

"My friend, Chris is throwing a beach party tonight. I would ask you if you wanted to come, but you don't really have a choice" he shrugged and I laughed at his dull humour. I took a few more bites of my pizza and left the crust to the seagulls (do they have seagulls in australia?¿) outside.

We got inside the little 01' convertible that Lucy and Jay left here, probably last time they were here. The house was very untouched, like they forgot it existed. Maybe it was a vacation or like honeymoon spot that they just stopped visiting. I wonder if they ever fell out of love. Or if Benny, Lucy and Jay's son got in the way of their relationship.

My black hair flowed in the wind as Cal drove down the curvy Australian roads. Although I've only lived here a few years I would never go back to America.

Once we reached the destination, Calum parked and helped me out of the car and to the top of the hill where we were parked. We were at a board walk.

My black hair flowed furiously as I tucked it behind my ear hoping for that to calm it the fuck down. I was wrong.

"Oh is this the scene in like every movie where the girl and the boy have a montage where they walk along the boardwalk  and try on multiple floppy hats and sunglasses, go on rides, and then eat icecream while watching the sunset?" I asked him and Cal nodded.

"Yup." He said and I smiled shyly.

So we walked for a while, with our fingers interlaced, swaying our bodies. I made him pull over at a few booths. We bought some CD's, some old movies.

"Oh, henna!" I noticed the booth and quickly tugged Calum inside.

"What?"

"It's this Indian almost temporary tattoo. They do cool designs with it and stuff" I explained and Calum nodded.

"Hey sweetheart" a voice greeted, I looked down to see an older woman. "How can I help you?" She asked smiling patting the table. I sat down, on a chair and she passed me a book of designs.

I picked out a palm one, going from my wrist to the tip of my middle finger, Cal watched next to me. "Are you to a couple?" The lady asked us, her accent was thick. "Yeah" Calum smiled.

"Nice, how long?"

"Coming up two weeks, we've known each other for a month"

We exchanged casual conversation until she was done, I payed and then Calum and I left. "When are the crusty stuff gonna come off?" He asked me, breaking the comfortable silence between us. "In a few hours" I answered even though i wasn't quite sure.

"Oh, necklaces" he said excitedly, dragging me into the booth. "We spent so much money, maybe we should just call it a night" I suggested but Calum ignored me and picked up a silver necklace with a little moon charm.

"This would look good on you" he told me, taking my hair and brushing it to the left side of me before stringing the necklace around my neck.

"Why?" I asked him as he came around and stood infront of me. Taking my hands in his, he looked at me, just really looked at me.

"Because you're the moon to my stars." He said seriously and I laughed a bit.

"Your so fucking clichè, I can't even look at you" I continued and turned around, but he wrapped his hands around my waist from the back and whispered "I know" to me.

"Come on" he took off the necklace and brought it to the counter, bought it, and then put it back on for me.

"Thank you." I said finally, he turned to me before pressing his lips to mine.

"No problem."