Part 4

When we get home Stef is waiting for us. As soon as Lena kisses her she notices too, something is very wrong. My heart speeds up when she kneels in front of me.
She takes a deep breath before she begins, "Jude, honey...I don't know how to put this," she looks at Lena with sad eyes, "you know how I had a domestic violence call tonight?"
"Yeah mom told us."
I'm trying to piece everything together so I can get prepared for whatever bad news it is.
"Um-well," she puts a hand on my shoulder, "some how you and Callie's last foster dad got his foster license back-" (AN: does anyone know the foster dad's actual name?)
"How?" Callie blurts out.
"We'll talk about that later," Stef says quietly then turns back to me, "Jack was his foster kid."
"Was?" Mariana (not sure if it's 2 n's or 1 for her name😐) asks her voice on edge.
"Yes, he beat him-"
"But he's okay?" I hesitate with doubt.
"Really badly Jude."
"He's not okay is he?" I spit out after a few seconds.
She nods and I just know. I won't see him ever again.
"I'm sorry," Stef hugs me but I don't hug back.
"What do you want to do?" Lena asks softly.
"I just want to go to sleep."
Mariana, Jesus, and Brandon who were making their way up the stairs freeze, looking down at me in pity and looking at each other in concern.
"We have school tomorrow," I say like its the obvious answer.
"Okay we'll talk when you're ready," Lena says kissing my forehead; Stef does the same when she stands up.
"Come on bud," Callie nudges me from behind.
I reluctantly walk up the stairs.
"Do you want to sleep with me?"
I'm about to reject; about to say I'm not a baby anymore, I don't need her big sister support and protectiveness. But I do. And that's just not the right or good thing to say in a situation like this. Anyways even if she was 'asking', she wasn't actually 'asking'. I was going to have to sleep with her anyways. She would say this isn't the time for me to be alone. The thing is I can't deny that, cause I know that's true too.

Author note: short but most chapters are short sorry, it's just the way I write.