Part 18

They don't answer instead they just gesture for me to sit down. I do, then I look at them.
"What did I do?"
"You didn't do anything honey," Lena told me.
"We just need to talk to you about your counseling."
"What about it?" I thought it was going pretty good despite the fact that half the time all she does is ask me questions, yes and no questions because I won't talk.
"How is it?"
"Mama it's going fine."
"Are you sure?" Stef asks for confirmation, "she says you're not talking to her."
I shrug. They exchange looks before continuing, "we're worried about you."
I know this.
I shrug, "I'm fine, I mean I'm okay now. Everything will be fine."
"Are you positive?"
"Yes," I smile to show a little proof.
"Okay love, we believe you," Stef sighs, "one more thing though."
I look at them questionably.
"You're grades have been dropping dramatically, me and mama set you up with a tutor."
"Oh that's mainly because I missed a couple of tests," I winced remembering why I missed those tests. I shouldn't of said anything.
"Maybe you can retake," Lena suggests.
I shrug. That's not the only reason my grades are dropping, but that doesn't matter now.
"Is that all you wanted to talk to me about?"
"Yes for now," Stef said.
***
'I miss u😞'
'I miss u too💔' I typed.
'I wish I could see u now.'
'We could Skype?'
'I deleted mine...'
'Y?'
'I thought u never wanted to talk to me again nevertheless see me, so I didn't see a point of having one.'
'Oh. Sorry'
'It's okay.'
'I don't want to sleep.' That's a first, I thought as I hit send.
'It's late u need your sleep💤'
'😕ok
Goodnight🌙
Sweet dreams✨
Talk to u tomorrow ❣'
'Good night🌟
Sweet dreams😴
Talk to u tomorrow 💕'
I turn off my phone. For the first time in months I went to sleep smiling.