Part 30

It happens so fast I'm not sure what to do.
My back is against my locker minutes before the last bell of the day.
"I've heard what you done," he whispers in my ear, "your little friend told me."
He gestures behind him to Taylor who's struggling to get past someone else, "no I didn't Jude I swear I don't know anything."
I'm confused but I'm not sure who I should be yelling at or if I should even try to defend myself. Do I have the right in this situation?
"Did you enjoy it?" Panic races inside me, "your just fucking every girl you become friends with huh?" He laughs.
I know he's talking about Siris but I don't indicate a sign to show him I know, "I don't know what your talking about?"
"You and Siris of course! Did you enjoy it just like Taylor?"
"I didn't have sex with Taylor," this causes more heads than there already was to turn out direction, no crowding yet.
"So you admit you had sex with that other girl?"
"He's a boy," I shove him off me.
He gets back in my face, "whatever, so you admit you are a faggot."
He says it just like he said it the other day coming out of the classroom.
"Yeah so?!" I yell.
"Jude fucking Adamsfoster is a fucking fag," he says loudly enough to every body in the hallway to hear but making sure I know he's only directing it to me.
I shove him again, harder than the first time. I run out before anyone can say anything.
I here footsteps behind me fast and heavy, this makes me go faster. I run the rest of the way home, running inside and slamming the door behind me.
Stef yells from the kitchen, "did you have to slam it?!"
I don't answer, instead I slide down the door trying to rip off my too tightly tied shoes, becoming more frustrated. My breathing is fast and heavy.
Stef emerges from the kitchen still in police uniform.
I finally am getting my first shoe off as she sits down by me, I'm panting by now.
"Mike will u get a glass of water and bring it to me," she yells before turning back to me, "Love, did something happen?"
I nod but I don't say anything.
Don't cry. Don't you dare cry.
Mike brings in the glass of water handing it to Stef who hands it to me. I take a couple of gulps, and Stef tells Mike to wait in the kitchen for her.
"Are you hungry? I can make you a sandwich. Then maybe you'll feel better to tell me what happened?"
I shake my head, "I'm not hungry."
"Okay well why don't you go to your room and do your homework and we'll talk later."
I nod, even though I don't think I'll want to talk later either.
I go up stairs, calmer now I take out my phone to text Connor.
'Hey'
I wait 10 minutes just laying there staring at my phone, the next 15 minutes I lay there staring at the ceiling waiting for the familiar *ding* sound to leave my phone.
I call him, being extremely impatient.
He doesn't answer, in fact it goes straight to voice mail. I head down stairs to play video games trying not to think to hard about everything.
About a hour passes, mama and the twins get home, 10 minutes after Brandon and Callie.
Around 20 minutes later I hear the conversation between moms getting louder, Mike joining every now and then when he's spoken to. It must be either an intense and/or serious conversation.
It struck a cord in me when I remembered that Mom said we'll talk about this later. It's later.
I wait in suspense trying to focus on the game, I know they are going to come in here.
When I hear footsteps I bare myself for what's coming. But all of a sudden my phone rings.
I brighten up, press pause on my game and answer it, "hi"
"Hey you texted me earlier and I missed your call, sorry I was at baseball practice."
"It's fine, thanks for calling me back."
The footsteps stop, their eavesdropping but I don't care.
"No problem. I can't just ignore you...not anymore."
"That's good."
"So what do you need?"
"I just wanted to talk to you," their eavesdropping and I don't know if I should keep going, I do anyways, "I needed to hear your voice."
"Well recordings are 100 bucks, are you sure about that," he laughs.
I laugh too, "I think I can handle that."
"But seriously," he sighs, "did something happen today."
"Uh- yeah something did but I can't talk about it right now, I'll call you later I swear."
"Okay bye."
"Love you," it slips out, I almost try to cover my mouth like I could take it back.
"Love you too."
And I swear you could hear a smile on his face.