Part 31

A/N: If you like Connor more, then Connor's POV of this story is now published go check it out😄 it's called "The Dollhouse".

"Knock knock, anyone home?" Stef asks as she enters the room with Lena behind her.
"Hey," I focus back on my game.
"Can you pause your game so we can talk?" Mama asks gently.
So I pause it, again.
"Mom told me that something happened at school can you tell us about that?"
"Nothing happened."
"Jude if someone hurt you we can stop it, I can stop it," mama puts a hand on my knee.
"No one hurt me," I look down, "at least not physically, much."
"Much?" Concern fills Stef's voice.
"It's just a locker," I say like they know exactly what I'm talking about.
"What do you mean?" They say almost at the same time.
"I was pushed into a locker."
Slammed into a locker.
"What did they say to you?"
"I can't recall that."
Faggotfaggotfaggotfaggotfaggot
"It's alright you can say it, we won't get mad," mama reassures me.
"It's not that I can't recall what they said, I just," I pause to look up at them, "I can't."
"Was it the F word?" Stef spits out.
"Stef!"
"What? I just want to know if our son is being called that disgusting word."
This makes me feel invisible.
"Hey I'm going out," Brandon comes bouncing down the stairs, "everything okay?"
"Yeah, have fun," moms call to him as he goes out the door.
Stef turns back to me, "did they say that to you?"
I nod.
I know we are talking about the same word.
It's exactly like calling a black person the N word. Hurts just the same too.
"Who did?"
I shrug, their first name won't help anyways.
"Are you sure you don't know?"
"Their name is Jake."
Why can't I lie?
"Do you know their last name?"
"No," I look at their unconvinced faces, "honestly I don't know."
***
After having a long talk with them I went up stairs and decided to text Connor what happened instead.
Not even a few minutes later he calls.
"Hey."
"Who is this asshole?"
"Calm down, it's not a big deal."
"Bullshit."
"It's no-"
"Yes it is, and when I get my hands on him-"
"You're not going to do anything."
"But-"
"No, it'll only make it worse."
"Jude you can't stop me from saying something to this asshole."
"Yes I can. If he says anything again and you're around then sure yell at him, punch him in the face what ever satisfies you. But not now, you'll make it worse and you aren't the one that has to go to school every day with him in your class. You don't have a right to do anything to him in this situation. It would be a completely different situation if you were there when it happened."
I'm glad he wasn't there.
"your just fucking every girl you become friends with huh?"
"I understand," he sighs stubbornly, "I just don't like that word, I hate it with a burning passion, especially when it's directed at you."
"I appreciate your concern but I can handle it, its not like he hurt me."
"Not physically."
"I'm okay," I reassure him once more.
"No you are not. You're not okay. Don't lie to me..."
***
The next day Lena tells me to come to her office after school, and that she'll be driving us all home for the rest of the last week.
As I gather my stuff Taylor comes up to me.
"Jude I just want you to know I didn't tell Jake Lewis anything, I swear I didn't."
I wish she didn't say his last name.
"I believe you," I shut my locker.
"Really?"
"Yeah really," I look at her and smile, she smiles back, "I got to get to class."
"Hey Jude," Siris runs towards me before I can enter my classroom, "I heard what happened yesterday. Are you okay?"
"I'm fine."
"You don't think I told do you?" He whispers.
"It hasn't come to my mind."
"Okay," he nods relieved, "I'll see you at lunch."