Part 32

I start to walk to Lena's office after the last bell instead of heading for the front door. When I start to pass the boys bathroom I practically get jumped on and pulled from behind into the bathroom.
There's laughter all around, several voices probably 4 or 5. I'm struggling but not hard enough to escape the person's grasp.
"Help me will you!"
It's more of a demand then anything else.
Soon enough there's another pair of hands on me pulling at my arms, some cloth gets wrapped around my head covering my eyes.
I hear a stall door open and I'm pretty sure I know what going to happen.
There's a kick to my shin that makes my knees buckle, another kick to my stomach. I'm pulled into a stall, and before I know it I'm dunked into the too cold water back wards.
Just twice, I don't allow them to get my face under, but I know my hair is soaked.
As suddenly as it started, it stopped. The laughter stops, and I hear the door swung open. I yank the cloth off my face.
I want to cry but I hold everything in.
I pull out my phone and text Mama first.
'I'm asking a teacher about homework be there in a few.'
I take paper towels and start hurriedly patting my head with them, when that doesn't work I try to think of a story as I exit the bathroom.
I can't think of anything and decide to just walk home.
I pull out my phone again, 'have u left school yet?'
'Yes, at the gas station why?'
'Nvm I'll just walk.'
'No, I'll come back. U need a ride right?'
'Yeah but I don't want to bother u.'
'Don't worry about it I'll be there in a few mins.'
'Thx'
***
"I should call my mom," I say as Siris takes a pitcher of what looks like lemonade out of the fridge.
"Want to use my phone?"
"Yes please," I put my phone on the table, "mine is dead."
"Here," he leans over the table to hand me his.
There aren't even 2 rings before Lena picks up, "Jude! I told you to come to my office after school, what happened?" She sounds worried and frustrated.
"Oh, uh-I forgot I have a tutoring session today, and my phone died-"
Siris is waving at me mouthing 'no no no'.
"But I thought your tutoring sessions were over."
I bring the phone to my chest.
"Damn It," I mumble, I look over to Siris mouthing 'I don't know what to say'. He mouths right back, 'you got to say something.'
"Jude? Are you still there?" I bring the phone back to my ear.
"Yeah sorry, Siris is just checking up on my grades and I was having trouble with my math, the teacher didn't explain it good. I'm sorry if I worried you."
"You do that quite often," Mama laughs slightly.
"I'll come home right away."
***
So it's 8 at night, after dinner and I'm sitting on my bed cross legged staring at the black screen of the computer.
"What are you up to?" Callie asks as she sits down on my bed.
"Debating," is all I say.
"Debating about what?" she leans over to look at the blank screen.
"Rather I should Skype Connor or not."
"Oh, well in my opinion," she turns on the computer, "you should."
She smiles at me before she gets up to leave.
I look back down at the computer, logging onto Skype.
It rings 3 times, and then his beautiful face appears.