Part 14

A few days pasted I've gone to 1 counseling session which was just a interview of me explaining everything going on in my life and getting to know each other, her name is Miss Ott and she's a professional counselor apparently.
Me and Connor haven't spoke on the phone since that night but he texted me saying he needs time to process everything. I decided that I need to break up with Taylor, and I was going to tomorrow. Feeling good for once I go to Callie's room to find Mariana. I find her and also Lexi, they're working on a project.
"Hey Judicorn what's up?" She smiles brightly at me.
"Nothin' just wondering..." I trail off thinking rather this is a good idea or not.
"Wondering what?" Her smile doesn't leave her face, Lexi glances up at me giving me a smile before focusing back on their project.
"Will you paint my nails?"
Lexi looks up at me again and smiles wide, "Omg I wish I had a little brother so I could do their nails."
"Of course!" Mariana squeals from excitement, "I know Lexi be jealous!" She laughs, "sit, sit we'll work on this later. Blue?"
She's referring to the nail polish, I nod.
"Lexi will you fetch my blues?"
"Yes ma'am," she grabs the basket full of nail polish from Mariana's table side.
"Dark blue, baby blue, or sparkly blue?"
"Do you have plain blue?" I glance in the basket of what seems like 100s of nail polish.
"Duh! I have every color of the rainbow and beyond!"
I laugh, "of course you do."
She starts painting, Lexi watching from over her shoulder. Both making a big deal about the whole thing; is it perfect, and if this is the right shade for my clothes.
Callie walks in then, "what are you 3 up to?"
Mariana lifts my hand up to show Callie. Callie smiles, "I like the color." This makes me smile.
***
I wake up early so Mariana can touch up the polish that came off in my sleep, she checks to see if the polish matches my clothes (which I don't really care about) she picks out a blue and white flannel, blue jeans, and a blue shirt. I change into a white shirt before we leave, too much blue.
I walk into school and my stomach drops a little, I hide my hands in my pockets. The confidence is gone.
I go throughout the day without any one noticing. I build up enough confidence by 2nd hour to not hide my hands anymore.
I find Taylor at her locker, and I think about rather today is the day or not.
"Hey!" She turns and kisses me.
"Hey," I say with kind of the same excitement.
She looks down at nails
frowns slightly but hurries and covers it up with a smile. So I test her, "Do you like it?"
"Uh-yeah it's great, I love blue."
"Cool," I say but I'm not convinced that she likes it on me.
"I never saw you with nail polish before," she comments, "did you do it?"
"No Mariana did it?"
"Oh," she laughs, "so she forced you, didn't she?"
"No, I asked her to do it for me."
"Why?" She was confused.
"Because I wanted her to."
"Oh," is all she says.
We're quiet as we walk to lunch.
Until we get to the line and she turns to me, "Aren't you afraid you'll be bullied?"
"Who'll get bullied?" Siris asked bouncing in a excited but normal for him kind of way.
Siris looks at my nails, and turns to Taylor, "You mean Jude? Ha! I would like to see someone try I'll...." I tuned him out as he rattled off insults one after another.
"I'm just saying," Taylor cuts Siris off, "if you don't want to get bullied then why make yourself a bigger target?"
"I'm not-" I protested trying not to get angry.
"But you are, you used to complain about getting judged and labeled-"
"Woah Taylor don't get ahead of yourself," Siris gets serious, "this," he lifts up my hand, "isn't Jude shouting for people to bully him, it's him being himself. Just sometimes people are assholes, and it's not Jude's fault it's the asshole who weren't raised how to keep their traps shut."
Taylor looks at me guilty, "I didn't mean that, I'm sorry."
"It-it's fine."
"Just watch what you say next time," Siris says gently.