Chapter 29

SAM’S POV~~

“Did you miss me, Sammy?” He asks, his hand wrapped around my throat as I’m pressed against Harry’s CD wall in his room.

“Ryan, please,” I beg him but he laughs.

“Shut up, Sam. You can’t get away from me, you know that. Stop trying. All you’re doing is putting little Harry in danger,” he pouts and Bredston laughs behind him.

“Please, don’t hurt him, please...” I beg Bredston who is standing next to Harry, tied to a chair like some sort of cops and robbers movie with a gun to his head.

“Please, take me, just don’t hurt Harry,” I started to sob, still pressed against the wall when Bredston shrugs and I can see the pain in Harry’s eyes when Bredston finally fires his gun and Harry’s blood splatters on the wall and I scream. The sound of the bullet being fired is deafening and I realize that it’s real.

My body jolts awake and I look around to see that it wasn’t a bullet that was fired, but Harry’s stand up lamp by his window that has fallen and shattered. The window is wide open and the screen is removed. I don’t know why I had that dream, I was safe from Ryan. I also didn’t know why Harry’s lamp was broken and his window wasn’t shut. Harry jolts awake as well and we both realize that as we lay in bed there are two more pairs of eyes in the room. One of them are the blue eyes I once loved.

I dig my nails in to Harry’s bicep and I can see even in the darkness that he is only coming to his senses now.

“Did you miss us?” Bredston laughs and the two point their guns at our bed. I can’t believe this is happening. Not here, in England, in Harry’s parents’ home, not when the police were lead to Mexico by the phone number that called my cell.

I can feel my heart racing and I know that I’m hyperventilating but Harry tries his best to stay calm and wraps his arms around me as tight as he can.

“Save it, Samantha,” Ryan barks and I jump. I can hear Anne and Robin’s footsteps running down the hallway and Robin’s large hands pound at the door.

“Mum, don’t come in here it isn’t safe!” Harry finally opens his mouth and it’s practically a whisper. I look at Ryan, still hyperventilating and he’s smiling at me. Devilishly.

“Harry we’re coming in!” Anne screams and opens the door, to have Bredston’s gun pointed at her and her husband. They stop dead in their tracks.

“You, come here,” Bredston barks at Anne and Harry jumps out of bed, ready to pound Bredston’s face in to the carpet but I yank his arm.

Anne walks over and Bredston puts his arm around her neck and holds his gun to her head.

“Nobody moves. Nobody moves, or she dies,” he commands and Robin stands there, his jaw open in Harry’s doorway.

“Samantha, you’re coming with me,” Ryan pulls my arm but Harry tightens his grip on me.

“Let her go, or your mother dies,” Bredston reminds him and Harry looks at me and shakes his head, releasing me.

Anne stands, held by Bredston, with tears in her eyes and she looks at her son, then at me, then at Robin. And all I can think in this moment is, it’s all my fault.

“Let’s go,” Ryan’s gun is pointed at me as he pulls my arm with all his strength and I tumble to the floor. I quickly try to stand up and I’m met by Ryan’s hands on my waist.

“I miss touching you, Sam,” he whispers in my ear and I cringe. I can hear the blanket ruffling like Harry is trying to get out of bed but before I can turn my attention to him, Ryan already has. He points his gun parallel to Harry’s head.