Chapter 5

My eyes opened but my vision was blurred. I heard beeping noises and turned my head to the right to see a tall monitor. As my vision started to focus I could tell I was in a hospital.

No one else was in the room. I was alone.

The door squeaked open and I lifted my head. It was the doctor.

"Nice to see you have woken up Ms. Ryans. My name is Dr. Henry. How do you feel?" He asked.

"My head kinda hurts. What happened?" I asked.

"Well, I went through your records and found some interesting things about you. Your lack of nutrition might have been the cause of you fainting, but then I read about your substance abuse and anger disorder."

"What does that have to do with fainting?" I questioned.

"Well. Your previous doctor didn't specify what type of anger disorder. There are many kinds. You've been experiencing headaches, correct?"

"Yes." I furrowed my brow.

"While you were unconscious, we talked to one of your classmates about your mood changes. I don't think you have an anger disorder. Rather, I think you multiple personality disorder. You're manic episodes may be a separate personality. If you've been experiencing any kind of memory loss, the disorder may be the cause of that. It can also explain your eating disorder and past substance abuse." He explained.

"You think? Did you run any tests?"

"Well that's the tricky thing. See, multiple personality disorder can't be diagnosed through generic medical tests like blood work or scans. Instead, we'll have you sit down with a psychiatrist later on and have him diagnose you. Will that be alright?"

I didn't want to go through an interrogation. I didn't want to explain my problems with a stranger. They may have a medical degree but I don't want them having my own issues in their head.

"I don't want to talk to a shrink. What you told me is good enough. So is there a cure?" I couldn't stop asking questions.

"Sadly no. But there is a slim chance that the disorder may resolve on it's own. Until then, therapy sessions will have to suffice." He gave a kind grin.

Therapy... great.

"When can I go home?"

"When a legal parent or adult guardian signs the discharge forms."

I sighed heavily, unsure of whether my mom would even come to pick me up. The doctor could sense my frustration as he walked over to check my IV's.

"Okay Ms. Ryans, I'll come check on you in a bit." the doctor left the room and I was alone once again.

My thoughts began to wander. I was thinking about my mom and how I knew she wasn't coming. I thought about how I was going to be stuck in the hospital for days. I thought about Grayson and where he was. My mind was scrambled, thinking of everyone and everything. I was exhausted. I was about to close my eyes until someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." I said.

In walked a delivery man with some flowers and a get well card.

"Ms. Ryans. You have a delivery from," he looked at the card. "Forest Hall."

Forest?

"Um..." I was tongue-tied. "Y-You can just place it on the counter over there." I told the man. He placed down the flowers and put the card standing up having the front of the card face me.

"Thank you." I said.

He smiled and quietly left the room.

I looked at the card for a while, debating whether I should read it or just throw it in the trash later on. I decided on the second option.