Chapter 29

The Next Day

Gray had talked to the agent and he found us a good sized apartment for us to live in. We drove our car to the place and found a parking space and met up with the agent.
"Hi. You must be Bree. I'm John." He introduced himself.
"Nice to meet you." I said.
He showed us to our apartment and let us look around. The kitchen and living room were the first thing you saw when you entered. It was nice and roomy. There were two large rooms and two bathrooms. There was a small area in the hall for the washing machine and dryer. It was perfect.
"So how much is this place?" Gray asked.
"$1200 a month."
"How about $1000?" Gray was trying to bargain. Funny.
"$1100."
"Deal."
It was official. We were moving.
Gray and I signed some papers and decided to drive to Ikea to buy some new furniture. We ordered an L couch, two twin sized beds, and a king sized bed.
"You sure we can afford all of this?" I asked Gray as the worker typed our information into the computer.
"Yeah. My mom gave me her bank account info a while back." He said.
"Why?" I was confused.
"She just gave it to me one day just in case anything happened to her. So Tyde and I had enough money to care for ourselves and the girls." He explained.
The info was put in and the worker told us the stuff would be shipped to Gray's by tomorrow. We thanked her and headed back to the hotel.
We got to our hotel room and let the girls take a short nap because they were complaining that they were tired. While they slept, Gray and I packed our stuff.
"You sure you're okay with staying at your house until the stuff comes?" I asked him.
"Yeah. I'll be fine as long as I don't go into either of their rooms." He said, folding some of the girls t-shirts.
We continued to talk about random things as we packed. We were done packing around 5 and we woke the girls up to take them to dinner. We ate an Italian restaurant down the street and then we headed to Gray's house. We arrived and he parked the car in the driveway. His hand was shaking when he started getting some bags.
I looked at him and put my hand on his shoulder. "Relax. It's only for a day or two. Okay?"
He took a deep shaky breath and tried to calm down a bit. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and helped him with some bags. I opened the front door for him and he hesitated to step into the house. I set the bags I had on the stairs and held his hand and led him in. He was still kind of shaky. The girls were perfectly fine downstairs but when they had to go up to their room, they refused to even walk the stairs. So did Grayson.
"So I guess we're gonna have to go on a shopping spree since all of your clothes are up there." I said to them.
"Better than going up there." Gray responded, rubbing the back of his neck. I looked at the twins and they were nodding.
"Okay. You wanna go now or what?" I asked them.
"Now." They all said. I shrugged and told them to go out to the car. They all rushed out and I followed them.
"Outlet?" Gray asked as he buckled up.
"Sure. But what about the girls? What if they get tired?" I said.
"We're not tired!" They yelled from the backseat.
"Okay." I said. Gray laughed a bit and started to drive. We got to the outlet around 7:30 and it was pretty empty since it closed at 9:00. We hurried to the kids section to get some clothes for the twins. We bought two bags of clothes for them along with some new shoes and accessories. We went to the men's section next for Gray's clothes. He bought some shirts, pants, jackets, and two new pairs of shoes.
I didn't buy anything since I still had a lot of clothes from the other time.
We spent about $600.
"How much money is left in your mom's account?" I asked him as we walked out to the car.
"A lot. Don't worry about. If we're running low, we'll talk about it. Okay?"
"Okay."
We put all of our stuff into the trunk and drove to the house. It was 9:30 by the time we got there and the girls were out. Gray and I decided that we let them sleep in the guest room. I carried Sage and Gray carried Peyton. We set them down and tucked them in. We went back to the car and grabbed all of the bags. We put them next to the staircase. There were blankets and pillows in the living room so we decided to sleep on the floor. We made a little makeshift bed on the floor in front of the couch and watched a little tv. Gray was just staring at the ceiling. He was anxious.
"You okay?" I tried to comfort him.
"I'm- I'm- I'm fine." He stuttered.
"Listen. It's just until our furniture comes."
"I know. I just don't wanna talk about it. Good night." He turned to his side and let out a shaky breath. I wanted to just talk to him but I didn't want to bother him anymore.
"Good night... I love you." I said to him.
"I love you too."