Chapter 15

I immediately called the cops and they arrived at my house in 10 minutes.
"Miss. Calm down. We'll check around." The officer said. I nodded and we walked pass me with the rest of his group and into the house. I called Grayson as I sat down on the curb.
"Hey beautiful." He said sweetly.
"Hey Grayson. Um, can I just talk to you?"
"Yeah. What's wrong?"
"Well. Someone broke into my house for starters."
"What?" He was worried. I could tell.
"I know. I can't believe it either."
"What can I do?"
"Can I just stay over at your place for a little bit longer? Just until everything is figured out?"
"Of course. I'm pretty sure my mom will be okay with it."
"Okay. Thanks. I'll visit you tonight."
"Bye."
"Bye." I hung up and held my phone tightly in my hands.
An officer tapped my shoulder.
"Do you know when this occurred?" He asked calmly.
"No. I was at my boyfriends house last night."
"Okay. Well we have fingerprints but we'll have to take it down to the station to get it processed. I would stay out of the house for a bit longer. Just in case those people come back tonight." He informed me.
"Yeah. Okay. I'll be staying at my boyfriends for a little bit longer."
"One more thing. We are going to need one of your parents numbers. Just so that if we find anything else, we can talk to them."
"Um. My mom just passed yesterday and my dad is... I don't know where my dad is." I said, realizing that my dad should have gotten here already.
"I'm sorry for your loss. Um. Are you 18 yet?"
"Two more weeks until I turn 18."
"That's fine. Just give me your number and we'll call if we find anything."
I nodded and said my number aloud for him to write it down in his notepad. I couldn't stop thinking about my dad. Where was he? He left on the plane two days ago. He should have been here. The officer thanked me and told me that it was fine for me to leave. I nodded my head and dialed my dads phone number and called him.
The phone went straight to his voicemail. I tried calling him again. Still no answer. Where was he?
I put my phone in my pocket and started walking along the path to Gray's house. I was a few houses away, my phone rang.
I answered. "Hey Gray."
"Hey Bree. Are you at the house yet?"
"No. Im a few houses away. Why?"
"Your dad was flying here right? From New Jersey?"
"Yeah." I stopped.
"I think you should watch it yourself. Turn on the tv and turn to channel 5." Then he hung up.
I started sprinting to his house. I struggled to unlock the door with the keys but I got it. I slammed the door shut and ran to the living room and searched for the remote.
"Where the fuck is it?" I mumbled to myself as I lifted blankets, pillows, and toys. I found it on the floor near the couch. I pushed the power button to turn on the tv and pushed the number 5. There was a plane crash.
"Flight number 438 departing from New Jersey to Los Angeles has been found after crashing just yesterday." My mouth opened in shock but I continued to watch the report.
"On board were 150 passengers. 30 of them were under the age of 18. None of them were found with the wreckage but a search team has been sent out. According to sources, the plane crashed after being hijacked by two white men. Their bodies are still to be found also."
My stomach dropped. This couldn't be happening. I couldn't have lost both of my parents in two days. This had to be a dream. I started freaking out.
I felt a sting in the center of my head. I flinched as the pain started spreading throughout my entire head. The pain traveled down my spine just like before. It felt like I was paralyzed. I fell to the floor and the room started to spin. Pain went up and down on the same path as it did in the hospital but instead of trying to fight it, I let it consume me. I let it engulf me until I was in complete darkness.