Chapter 20

Tyde walked away from the group and over to our car.
"Why the hell aren't you in school?" He asked.
"Injured and sick. Why the hell are you out here?" Gray responded. When he said injured he pointed to himself and pointed to me when he said sick. Okay.
"Whatever. Just don't tell mom." He said, taking a puff.
"What if I do?" Gray challenged Tyde.
"Don't." He moved aside his jacket to show the handle of a small gun. The sight made me remember the incident. I felt pain start to build up so I grabbed Gray's hand. He looked over at me and I stared into his eyes and the pain increased.
Gray gave one last look at his brother and then closed the window shut as he walked away. I was still holding his hand and squeezed it as my spine started to sting. I hadn't felt this pain before. Not at the school or the hospital.
Gray continued to hold my hand as he drove. He would be looking at the road and then to me. Each time he would speed up just a bit. I closed my eyes and pushed my head back against the head rest and clenched my jaw.
"Hey. Relax. We're almost home." He said. I took deep breaths and tried to relax but the pain was still getting worse.
We arrived at the house by the time the pain became intolerable. I felt like screaming like before.
"Hey hey. Bree. Open your eyes. Look at me. All you have to do is breathe." Gray said softly. I wanted to open my eyes and stare into his but I couldn't. Just the smallest amount of light would cause me to fell like throwing up.
"I can't." I whimpered.
"Yes you can. Okay? Come on." He said.
I took a deep and shaky breath and opened my eyes. The bright light made me spin but I fought it and was able to look at Gray.
"Breathe." He said softly. I took multiple big breath and the pain started to go away. After about 5 minutes, the pain was completely gone. I felt like I just ran 20 miles. I was exhausted.
"You okay?" He asked. I nodded my head and he got out of the drivers seat and walked over to my side.
"Come on. Let's get you in bed." Gray said. He picked me up with one hand on my back and the other in the bend of my knee. I put my arms around his neck as he walked me to my room. He set me on the bed and tucked me in. My eyes were shut and I felt him place a small kiss on my forehead.
"I'll grab your stuff and put it in here. You just get some rest." He whispered.
"Thank you." Is all I managed to get out before I completely fell asleep.

It was getting really hot for some reason. It was also getting hard to breathe. I heard little muffles around me. I opened my eyes but saw darkness. There was this uncomfortable pressure on my face. I felt a person climb on top of me as the pressure increased and I couldn't breathe at all.
I started freaking out as I realized that someone was trying to suffocate me. I struggled but the more I did, the harder the person would push down. I started getting dizzy and most of my energy was gone. I was about to fade into nothing when the pressure disappeared and I heard a loud thud. I flipped over onto my stomach and started coughing and gasping for air. I was able to focus my eyes and saw that the person was using a pillow to suffocate me. Grayson had pinned down the person. I felt something drip down from my nose. Blood. I was weak but I was able to get up to go to the bathroom and grab a face towel and wipe the blood. I walked back out to where Grayson was and saw that he was pinned on top of Tyde.
"What the hell!" Gray yelled at him.
"Get off of me you little fucker!" He tried to get out of Gray's grip but Gray had him pinned down hard. It was weird since Tyde was older.
"What's going on in here?" Mrs. Hunter ran into the room. I looked at her and she covered her mouth. She looked at Gray and Tyde and yelled at them to go to the living room. Gray wouldn't budge. In fact, I saw the muscles in his arm tense as he tightened his grip. I saw fear reveal itself in Tyde's bloodshot eyes. He was high.
"Grayson Alex Hunter!" Mrs. Hunter screamed. Gray sat still just for a second before getting off his brother and leaving the room.
"Tyde." Mrs. Hunter said. Tyde slowly got up from the floor and also left the room.
"Let me help you clean up. You still have some blood under your nose." She said much more calm. I nodded and we walked over to the bathroom. She helped me clean up the rest of the blood and I thanked her.
We walked out to the living room and saw Gray sitting on one chair and Tyde in another on the opposite side of the room.
"Grayson. Explain." Mrs. Hunter said sternly.
He took a breath and rubbed his hands together.
"I was gonna check in Bree since she wasn't doing so well earlier. When I walk into the room I see that little shit head---"
"Hey! Watch your language!" Mrs. Grayson interrupted.
Gray shook his head and got up and went up the staircase.
"Tyde. Your turn."
"Um... I... I... Uh... " he didn't know what to say.
After 10 minutes of trying to get Tyde to talk, Mrs. Hunter got frustrated and sent him to his room.
Once we heard Tyde's room door slam shut, we both sat down on the couch.
"Gray and I saw Tyde with a group of guys earlier. They were smoking." I told her. "He's high. He doesn't know what he's doing."
"I know." She said putting her head in her hands.
"What?"