Chapter 11

I went back downstairs and sat on the couch. I turned on my phone to check the time.

6:52.

Mom would usually be talking to her friend on the phone at this time.

I realized I was going to have to sleep here tonight. I couldn't sleep alone in this house, knowing that my mom was gone forever.

I sent a message to Grayson:  "Can I stay over at your house tonight?"

He responded quickly: "Of course. Pack your stuff. I'll be at your house in ten minutes."

"Thanks."

I brought my phone up to my room and started packing a couple pairs of clothes. I packed some clothes and toiletries and had a bit of time to say goodbye to the house until someone rang the doorbell. I walked down the stairs and opened the door.

"Hey Grayson. Come in." I said to him. He stepped inside.

"Why do you need to stay at my place?" He asked me.

"Well. I don't really want to just stay here alone. Especially after the only other person who lived here just died. Also, you are the only one who seems to calm me down during those... episodes." I explained.

He nodded his head in agreement.

"My things are upstairs. I'll right back." I went back upstairs and grabbed my things. I also threw my charger and earbuds in my bag. I picked up my penny board and walked back downstairs.

I found Grayson in the kitchen. He was looking at a picture of me, my mom, and my dad.

"Do you like it?" I said, surprising him. He slightly jumped and turned back around.

"Yeah. I actually do." He smiled and, of course, I smiled with him.

"That's the only family picture in this entire house." I told him.

"You ready to go?" He asked me, picking up my bag.
I picked up the frame and took a few more seconds to admire the photo. Then I placed it exactly where it was before.

"Ready."

I put on my white converse and walked out the door with Grayson. He put my stuff in the trunk of his car while I got in the passenger seat. He got into the drivers seat and started up the engine. Once we were driving, I turned the radio on and Classic was playing. I loved the song and couldn't help but sing along.

"Ooo girl you shinin, like a fifth avenue diamond..." I started singing and Grayson started singing along too.

I smiled at him in shock and he smiled back as we continued to sing. We sang to a couple more songs and soon we were at his house. He turned off the engine and got out of the car. He jogged over to my side and opened the door for me.

"Thank you." I said and got out.

He walked to the trunk and handed me my bag and penny board. He went to unlock his house door and
we were greeted by little twin girls.

"Bree. This is Sage and Peyton. My little sisters. Guys this is Bree."

They waved to me and I waved back. Then they returned to the living room and started playing with their toys.

"Come on." Grayson said to me.

He led me to the guest room.

His house was huge. Every turn led to another hallway or room. Good thing the guest room was only down the hallway and to the right.

Grayson put my stuff on the bed.

"Thank you, Grayson." I said.

"Call me Gray. It's what everyone calls me." He grinned.