Chapter 30

Bree's Birthday:

"Wake up Bree..." Gray whispered into my ear.
"Hi." I said, rubbing my eyes.
"Happy birthday." He gave me a kiss on my forehead. I smiled.
"Thanks." I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair.
"What time is it? Where are the girls?" I asked him.
"I dropped the girls off at school. Its almost 9:30 right now."
"I thought you were going to keep them off for a bit longer."
"Yeah. But i wanted it to just be you and me today. I was able to convince the after school people to let them stay until about 6." He grinned.
"Okay. So what are we doing today?" I laughed.
"Get dressed and I'll take you." He told me. I rolled my eyes and went to the guest room. I brushed my teeth and curled my hair. I did light makeup and I put on light blue skinny jeans with a white crop top that said "create" on it in black letters. I tied a red flannel around my waist and got my phone and purse. Then I went out of the room and heard Gray's car engine outside.
I quickly put on my white converse and headed out the door. I got into his car.
"How come your such in a rush?" I smiled at him.
"Just because. You look beautiful." He said to me while backing out of the driveway.
"Aww. Thanks." I laughed. While we were driving the song Girls by 1975 came on and Gray blasted it.
"Eyes bright, uptight, just girls!" We sang the enitre song together and it was so funny.
After 5 more minutes of driving, Gray pulled into the parking lot of the local DMV.
"Grayson. What are we doing here?" I asked him.
"You're gonna get your drivers license!" He exclaimed.
I was happy but I also wished that he had told me in advance. Just so I've could prepare for everything but I've driven before so I wasnt
"I remember you coming to school on your penny board. The day I went to your house, it was a pretty long ride. I just think a girl like you deserves something a bit more." He blushed.
I smiled. We parked the car and entered the building. Gray and I walked up to the front desk and the man asked for my name.
"Bree Ryans." I told him.
"Okay Miss Ryans. Sign these and once you're done, give it to that lady over there and she will give you the written test." He handed me a clipboard with a couple of papers on it. I took it over to the sitting area and Gray followed.
"You excited?" He asked as I signed the first paper.
"I guess." I grinned. He gave me a kiss on the cheek.
"You'll do great."
"Thanks baby."
I finished filling out the papers and went to get my written test. I went to a designated room and took it there. I checked my phone before taking the test and I had a text from Grayson.
"I need to go back to the house. The movers are gonna take some stuff to the apartment."
"Alright. Love you."
I put my phone on silent and started to write stuff down. Easy. I returned to the lady and handed her my paper. She took it and led me to the car.
"Please wait here until your instructor comes." She said. Then she went back into the building. The instructor came in about a minute or two and he was extremely kind.
"My name is Darien. Ill be your instructor today. Please start the engine." He introduced himself.
I did as I was told and soon we were on the road.
During the test, I heard sirens coming from behind me so I pulled over to the side and an ambulance came zooming by.
"Good. Go ahead and keep going straight." He said. I continued to drive and he told me to turn right. I did and I saw the ambulance and a couple of police cars. As we got closer, I noticed that it was a car crash. Then I saw the license plate of the damaged car. It was Grayson's.

I didnt even care about the test anymore. I stepped on the brakes and got out of the car.
"Miss Ryans---" I cut him off by slamming the door shut. I ran past the unmoving cars to the scene but i was stopped by a police officer.
"Im sorry ma'am but you can't pass." She said.
"But that's my boyfriends car!" I managed to get our of the officers grip and ran to the car. I looked around but couldnt find Grayson anywhere.
"Ma'am!" There were more officers trying to pull me out of the area.
"Grayson!!!" I yelled. I struggled a bit more and then I saw Gray come out of the ambulance.
"Bree?" He mumbled. He had a bandage on his forehead and was on crutches.
"Grayson." I repeated a bit more calm. The officers saw that he knew me and let me go. I ran over to him and gave him a big hug. He dropped his crutches and hugged me back. I felt tears sting my eyes but I managed to hold them in.
"I'm okay." He whispered into my ear. I pulled away from him and picked up his crutches for him. I cupped his face and ran my hand through his hair.
"What happened?" I asked.
"I was driving back to the DMV when that car didnt stop and I crashed into him. What about your test?" He seemes more concerned about me than himself. I pointed out the testing car.
"I was in the middle of it when i saw your car! I was worried." I gave him another hug.
"Why dont I come with you?" He smiled.
"Are you sure? You dont wanna go to the hospital?" I asked him.
"I dislocated my knee but they were able to pop it back into place so I have a brace. And the cut on my head doesn't need stitches so im all good!" He explained.
"What about your car?"
"The tow truck guy has my number. He said he'd call me when he was done fixing it." He said. I nodded.
"I guess you can come. Come on." We slowly made our way back to the car and I heard many female police officers say that we looked cute. Gray and I laughed.
We got to the car and Darien was still sitting in the passenger seat. I opened the door for Gray to get in and then I got back into the driver's seat.
"Im really sorry." I said to Darien as I put my seatbelt back on.
"It's okay. I would do the same if that happened to my wife. Let's go back to the DMV. Back up and make a U turn."
We were back at the building and I looked over to see Darien writing down something on his clipboard.
"So did she pass?" Gray asked from the backseat.
He ripped part of the paper off and handed it to me.
"Go ahead and give this to the man at the front desk."
On the paper was my test scores.
I got out of the car and let Gray out also.
"So???" He asked.
"I passed!"
We celebrated a little and went inside. I got my picture taken and my drivers license.
"Thank you so much!!!" I hugged Gray and he smiled.
Then we called an uber to come and drive us home.