Chapter 29

______

All rights reserved

No part of this story or any of its contents can be reproduced, modified, copied, or adapted without any prior written consent of the writer/author.

_______

*Jacob*

Is was mere weeks until Brook gives birth to our third child, a boy, and we have yet to discuss a name for him, but time will tell. Grayson has been overjoyed with the news of having a baby brother that he's been putting his toys in two separate bins, claiming one to be for his brother so they could play when the baby's older

"Daddy, I play with baby bwother when he big" he had claimed one day when I had walked in on him sitting in the middle of his room, looking through his old toys and separating them

"That's great bubba, you're brother will be very happy to know that he has toys to play with" I had replied to him and he beamed in pride. I paused when I walked through the house, on the wall was a picture of Tory and me, it was just months before her death three months ago. It's crazy to think that I won't be seeing her bright smile whenever we went to my mom's to visit. she had broken down when I gave her a card that Tory had written for her three days ago, on Mother's Day.

I can still remember the way her body trembled with her sobs as she read the words left by Tory. Tory had told me that if she didn't make it till mother's day to give her the card and I had told her that she will, that she will give it to her herself but she just gave me a weak smile, and said

"We can pretend that I will big brother but you and I both know that cancer's eating me away. My body's to weak to keep fighting this disease anymore. I know that I only have a few weeks left. I want you to know that wherever I go, I'll be by your side watching over you and your family. Don't cry for me instead celebrate my life, remember me for who I was not for what I am today. I will never be truly gone, when you feel the softness of the wind caress your face, know it's me, when you hear the sounds of birds sing, know it's me singing to you, when the sun rises in the horizon know it is me greeting you and when the moon shies outside your window now it is me wishing you a goodnight. I will be everywhere you go, I will be there when you need a hug, though I can not give it to you just know that I'll be by your side. I love you, I know that I don't tell you enough but I do. We may bicker but that's what siblings do, do they not? Give my mom a hug for me when she cries yeah? Tell her you love her every day as if it were your last and give her flowers for me on her birthday. Shower her with love and affection and promise to never leave her side when she's mourning. She'll need you more then ever when I'm gone" she was one of the smartest people I knew. She always knew what to say and how to say them. She had a smile on her face when she passed and that's how I'll always remember her, happy.

"You always knew the right things to say, didn't you kiddo?" I asked with a smile and I could swear I heard her giggle in the silent room with her softly saying 'course I did' shaking my head, I walked into the living room to find Grayson sprawled out on the white fluffy carpet watching finding Nemo with Gemma giggling beside him in her playpen.

"Dada" Gemma squealed upon spotting me making her older brother raise his head and grin, his two front teeth missing, making me smile

"Hi daddy, mommy's in kitchen making yummy food" he said before going back to his movie and I chuckled

"Dada" Gemma crooned holding her little arms up, a cute little pout forming her lips as her eyes widen and glazed over

"Hey no crying love" I cooed picking her up and she clung to my shirt as she nuzzled her face in my neck and scrunched up my nose when an awful smell hit my nose and looked down at the little girl in my arms to see her grinning and chuckled