Chapter One : "Charlie"

Allison's P.O.V

 I can still remember that night like it was just yesterday. They all said I was dead but then I came back to life. I've been trying to search for answers but I always end up with nothing. I even talked to Dr. Roberts about the possibility that I never died at all ... that maybe my heartbeats just became weaker, he said he doesn't have any idea at all.

 Things have changed a lot since that night. It took me months to convince Ben that it's alright to keep the baby, I don't even know now if he already accepted the baby or not. He said it could cost me my won life, but I have a feeling it won't that's why I decided to keep it. Ben got mad but I didn't care, I won't have my baby killed .... not now ... not ever.

 We also knew now the gender of my baby, it's a boy. That got me and Ben excited but also , the uncertainty is still there ... we know he's not normal , people might look at him differently , they might treat him the same way as they treat skitters. I just can't handle that.

 Due to the traumatic events at that time, neither Ben or I remembered to tell everyone about our engagement but thankfully, a few weeks later ... we did. The reaction is quite mixed but after much explanation and a few lessons about the law ... they approved of us.

 About the new aliens that came in , they identified themselves as the Volms. The Overlords and the rest of our enemies have also been identified ... they're the Esphenis. Personally, I don't trust any of them at all but ever since the Volms came, we were able to kick some Espheni Ass that's why people think that they're our saviors.

 Anne said I'm going to give birth any day from now that's why it's imperative that I don't do anything. She said that I also prepare myself for the worst ... the kind of worst where my heart would stop beating right after I brought out my baby. It sucks and scary at the same time.

 Suddenly someone knocked at the door.

 "Who is it?"

 "Lourdes!!" she replied.

 "Come in" I said and so she did. I got up only to notice that there is something dripping wight down at my legs.

 "Oh my God" Lourdes uttered and then rushed to me. My water broke.

====================

 "So how does it feel like to be a father at 16?" Denny asked while we're walking outside the skitter camp .. doing some patrols.

 "It feels like we should be in 'Teen Mom' , you still remember that show?"

 "Yeah" she said and then laughed. It's crazy to think that just two years ago, I was just this Math Geek who needs an inhaler every now and then ... now, I'm a fighter and a Dad. Nick would have made fun of me for being 'Too Quick' in life.

 I can't also believe she's about to give birth any day now. It's been 7 months since the Volms came and lots have happened since then. We were turning the war against the Esphenis and it's amazing to finally see that we're winning after taking some huge defeats.

 But I still don't trust the Volms, I think it's suspicious how they came in just after we destroyed the cannon that's been built by the enemies. Even the rebels don't trust them ... actually, they're scared of the leader .. Cochise.

 As for me, I decided not to go into anymore missions since last week because I wanna be there when Allison gives birth. I wanted the baby to be gone in order for her to live but she said she want to have the baby .. and she's not gonna kill an Innocent life. I'm worried to death but I think she can make it , after all ... Allison is the only human who had the guts to shoot the Overlord on the throat.

 "Ben!" I turned around and saw Matt running towards me.

 "What Skitter bait?"

 "Allison ... she's already on labor"

 "Oh My God" I uttered and ran back to the camp as fast as I could.

 As soon as I got to the clinic, I saw Allison lying on the bed ... ready to push the baby out. "Ben! Thank God you're here ... come here you" Allison said and so I did. I held her hands and started saying the words I never thought I would anytime soon.

 "Push Allison ... Push!"

==============================================

Allison's P.O.V

 I don't know how long have I been in labor ... and how long did Ben kept on saying the word "Push". I've been having trouble breathing but at last, the baby came out and my life has changed forever. I saw Anne lifting this little bundle of joy, I don't live my life for myself or for Ben anymore. I have a baby .. I'm a mother.

 "Can you see him?" I asked Ben and then he smiled and kissed me on the forehead. After a few minutes, she laid the baby right beside me. Tears of joy started coming out of my eyes. "He's beautiful" Ben said.

 Every single thing have changed and suddenly I have a new perspective in life. "He looks exactly like you" I told Ben and he just smiled.

 "So what would be his name?" Ben asked.

 "Charlie" I said , much to his delight.

 "I like Charlie"

 "Charlie Mason ..... welcome to the world" I uttered and then he smiled. "Oh My God Ben he smiled" I said and then looked at Ben who just teared up.

 "Are you crying?" I asked him.

 "Tears of Joy" he replied and then we both laughed.

===========

 I transferred the Notes right here at the bottom so I won't make tons of parts . So yeah, that's the first chapter ^.^ What do you think? It's a short one and a bit boring but the next chapters will be much more action packed.

 I hope you also read this book because yeah it's the sequel .. lol. Tell me what you think :)