Chapter Thirty Two: "Two Faces"

"Why would they detain him?" I asked Capt. Weaver when he returned without Dad. "He tried to touch the commander" he replied and looked at us weirdly. "Touch? What the hell?" Hal asked in disbelief. "Yes, and enough with the chitchat .. go get your stuffs, we're leaving" he replied.

 "But how about Dad?" Matt then asked him.

 "Your Dad will be fine" we all looked behind Capt. Weaver and saw the Volm commander and some of his comrades walking towards us.

 "My name is Commander Waschak-cha'ab. And these are my comrades" the leader uttered and then placed one of his hands on his right chest as a counterpart of the usual waving of hand. "Where's my father?" Matt asked. 

 "He's alright Matt. We'll release him once you're all ready to board the ship"

 "Board the ship? What are you gonna do with us?" I asked.

 "You will all go to a place called "Brazil". Where you'll be taken care of and you don't have to fight anymore" he replied. I looked at Pope and it's obvious he's not convinced. "You're basically going to make us prisoners" Tector said and then Pope added "Much like your bitches".

 "We'll never do that. What's waiting for you in Brazil is a sanctuary where all of you can live a normal life"

 "You're gonna rip us off our right to fight for our country?" Hal asked as he pulled Matt towards him. The Commader lost his patience and it's pretty obvious because his comrades have readied their guns and are now to fire at us. Captain Weaver did what he had to do.

 "Alright, settle down!. I think we did our part, it's time for a much more powerful race to continue our fight. Now let's surrender our guns" he uttered and everyone expressed their disappointed reactions. The Volms left and everyone gathered around him.

 "They were able to make us surrender. Espheni never achieved that" Pope commented and everyone agreed. "I know, but if we fought ... your sorry ass will be dead by now" Capt. Weaver replied. I walked away from them to find Allison but I couldn't see her.

 "Allison!" I called out.

 "Ben!" I turned around and saw Matt running towrads me.

 "Have you seen her?" I asked.

 "Yes. She ran to the woods before the Volm Commander came"

 "What?" I asked and then ran to the direction where Matt said he last saw her.

-------

Allison's P.O.V

 "I can't believe you're gonna accept him easily" a familiar voice said. I stood up and looked around only to find Karen behind me. I immediately reached for my gun and pointed it at her. "I already did you a favor and you're gonna do that to me? Allison, he is Charlie" she said. I looked back and saw him smiling at me. It's weird because I felt a connection with him,

 "You may be wondering why does he look like a 6 yr. old kid, the reason is because he's very special. He's not like anyone you have seen before. He's the mark of a new race"

 "Shut up!" I yelled and so she did. Karen then brought out a white flag.

 "What's going on?" I asked as skitters showed up around us.

 "We can settle this Allison, together. The Volms are not to be trusted. I'm sure you'll be pretty surprised if you find what they really are up to"

 "Why would I trust you Karen? You tried to kill us countless times"

 "I'm the only one you have. The Volms are a far more sly race than us"

 "I think I can make a choice for myself" I said and then Karen and the skitters found themselves floating in the air.

 "What are you doing?" he asked. I just grabbed Charlie and ran away form them as fast as possible. I can't kill Karen, not in front of Charlie.

------

 "Allison!" I called out but no one's answering, she can't be gone again. I can't take it anymore. I was running as fast as I can just to catch up to her but I found myself lost. I passed the same tree at least 4 times.

 "Fuck .. where the hell are you?" I asked.

 "Ben!" I turned around quickly and saw her running towards me. "Thank God" I thought to myself and ran to her.  As soon as I got to Allison, I hugged her tightly. "Where have you been?" I asked and then she smiled and lead me to a small cave she found in the woods.

 "What are we doing here?" I asked.

 "Charlie is here" she said and a small kid ran towards us and then hugged my hips. "Daddy" he said, my heart dropped ... what's going on?.

 "He's our son? Allison, this kid is six years old"

 "I know .. I'll explain everything once we got back ot the camp"

 "Ben? Allison?" We both turned around and saw Lourdes walking towards us. She looks terrible, she might be wounded.

 "Lourdes?" I asked, she smiled and then collapsed.