Chapter Thirty One: "Carpe Diem"

Allison's P.O.V

 Even though the tower fell down, I still can't be happy. The sick feeling about Charlie just won't go away. I don't think it ever will, not until I can see him again. I approached Ben just as a fiery ball started to descend from the sky. It's a massive spaceship, about the size of the city of Boston itself. As soon as it landed, huge waves of waters erupted from the shore. The ship crushed everything beneath it.

 "Ben" I uttered and then he just looked at me and smiled. "We'll never stop looking for Karen" he whispered to assure me. I had her, I could have killed her but I wasn't able to, this is all my fault.

 A couple of minutes have passed, Cochise told us that's it's okay to approach the ship and so we did. Inside it's premises we saw countless numbers of Volms in their weird uniforms walking around. Tom and Ben went with Cochise because they will be introduced to the commander. I stayed with Denny behind, I have a very bad feeling about them. Very bad.

 "Allison, can we talk?" Denny asked.

 "Sure" I said and then we walked outside.

 "I feel something bad about them" she uttered as soon as we realized that there's no one around us.

 "You too? I get that weird sensation too" I replied.

 "Should we tell Ben?"

 "Denny we can't. He trusts them"

 "How'd you know?"

 "I can feel it"

 "So what are we gonna do?" she asked. Suddenly, Natalie came running towards us, "The rebel leader wants to talk to you" she told me. I looked at Denny and we ran towards the boat where the leader started talking to me through Natalie.

"We need to go?"

 "Why?"

 "We don't have the time to explain. Denny, are you coming with us?" Denny nodded. "Wait! what's going on?" I asked.

 "Allison, the Volms can't be trusted. We're really sorry but we need to leave"

 "I can't come with you"

 "I understand that. So we're gonna ask you to do one thing"

 "What is it?"

 "Sleep with one eye open. Always check on your love ones" he  replied and disconnected himself from her. "Allison I'm sorry" she said as she almost literally pushed me outside the boat. "You're leaving now?" I asked.

 "Yes. I'll try my best to contact you as soon as possible" she said and then they started to move further form the dock.

 "Where are they going?" I almost screamed and then turned around quickly only to see Maggie standing behind me. "I'm sorry for startling you .. where are they going?"

 "They're leaving?"

 "Why?"

 "The Rebel leader said the Volms can't be trusted"

 "What?"

 "Exactly my reaction. We need to talk to Hal about it"

 "Are you sure?"

 "Yes. Follow me" she said and so I did.

--------

 I thought I was going to meet the Volm commander but Dad told me to go back since that alien is not interested into talking to anyone that has Espheni DNA in them. Even aliens are racists, who knew.

 I was walking back to our area when i saw Allison and Maggie walking together, I decided to follow them. "Hal! Allison's gotta say something" Maggie said. I hid behind a huge barrel to listen to what they're going to talk about.

 "What is it?" he asked. I heard a sigh and then Allison's voice. "The rebel skitters doesn't trust the Volm commander" she said. My heart dropped, why?

 "Why?"

 "I don't know. They are in a hurry .. they already left. I can feel that they're terrified of him"

 "What if the worst case scenario is that the Volms were never our allies?" Maggie asked.

 "Then we're all screwed" Allison said. I turned my view towards Capt. Weaver who's now walking towards Pope and the others. I got up and approached him.

"Where's Dad?" I asked. 

 "They locked him up"

 "What?"

 "They detained him. Gather all your weapons. This is what I'm afraid of, we should have never trusted them" he said. My heart started beating fast, holy freaking crap.

 -------

Allison's P.O.V

 In the middle of my conversation with Hal and Maggie, I heard someone started calling me name. I looked into the woods and caught a movement.

 "I'll be back" I told them and ran as fast as I can, ignoring their pleas for me to stay. I rushed inside the forest to follow the figure I just saw. "Allison ..." the voice echoed. I reached an open space and saw a kid about 6 years old standing in front of me. He smiled and said "Mommy". My heart skipped a beat, could it be?

 "Charlie?" I asked and as soon as he nodded, I ran towards him with tears falling from my eyes.