Chapter Twenty Eight : "Getting Ready"

Allison's P.O.V

 I'm nervous for tomorrow, we'll leave early since the decoy group had already left. Ben and I will be making plans all day, hoping that we'll have the perfect one for saving our Charlie. The plan can't be delayed any longer, the Volm reinforcements are just right outside the planet ... waiting for the shield to be pulled down.

 If they can get in, then we'll win this fight. That's what Tom and the other believes, for me as long as there are aliens in this planet ... the war won't be over.

 It's early in the morning and I'm already up for practice. If I wanna kill Karen, I should use my abilities to the fullest. I'm now able to lift cars and boulders, but to control them while they're still levitating is another story.

 Training is harder especially when people look at you in awe while you're trying to concentrate. But not all people are fond of me, the others see me as a threat. One of them is Pope who told me the other day to 'cut the crap and leave the camp. Bring freakazoid with you", what I did to him in return? I made him fly through the air. And now, he's still in the hospital after landing on his face.

 Ben is busy practicing his 'skills' along with Denny and Natalie, their the ambassadors of the Rebel Skitters anyway.

 All I want right now is to get back my son, God knows what they did to him. "Allison .. take it easy" I thought to myself and then looked at the car I'm practicing with. Suddenly, it started to be lifted. It's now floating in the air.

 I was slowly able to move it about 10 to 20 yards across the lot when it suddenly feel down. "Shit" I thought to myself as I tried again. The result is always the same. It falls down.

 "Maybe you should try to relax" I turned around and saw Ben standing behind me.

 "Maybe you should do your wok" I said sarcastically and he walked closer.

 "You're worried we're not gonna get him huh?" he asked and so I nodded.

 "Well, i'm pretty sure we'll get our soon back"

 "How did you know?" I asked.

 "I don't .. but I'm hoping. I have great trust in our forces"

"But Ben ..." I uttered.

 "Allison, you can practice if you want to. But don't don't overuse it yet" he said just as I saw Denny running towards us. "Ben!" she yelled.

 "I think you need to go" I said and then he turned around.

 "You're right. I'll see you around" he uttered and then left. I took a deep breath and continued to practice.

--------

 I can't tell Allison that I'm worried sick too, it will drive her crazy. "Is it done?" I asked Denny, pertaining to the rebel's plan to help.

 "Yes. The Boston tower is where we're going right?" she asked and then I nodded, as soon as we reached the camp. She continued to explain the whole plan.

 "We're leaving six hours ahead of the others and wait at our meeting are along the docks on the other side. If you and Allison are planning to enter the building, you should come through the northeast entrance. Our sources have said that there are barely any skitters in that place. Meanwhile, Tom's group will arrive at least 2 hours after. Ben, we can only give you 2 hours to find Charlie" she said. I looked around and all the skitters nodded.

 Two hours may not be enough.

 "Is that the best one?"

 "I'm afraid so" she replied.

 "Then we'll take it" I said.

 "Okay" she replied.

 "I'll go aheadf and tell Dad" I uttered and got out of the Rebel Camp and started to walk towards Dad's tent.

 "Dad?" I called out.

 "Come in" he said and so I did. Dad's lying in bed , maybe he's not feeling well. "Are you alright?" I asked.

 "Yes" he said and then smiled.

 "Okay. Dad we're going with Rebels tomorrow"

 "Why?"

 "We're going to go inside the building"

 "What for? Karen's not in there"

 "How can you be so sure she's not there?" I asked him.

 "I am not sure Ben. My concern is we're going to attack early"

 "Our rebel spy have spotted Karen and my son inside that building. If you're going to blow it up then Charlie will die too"

 "I didn't know that" he said and then sat up.

 "Now you do. We're leaving earlier. We have to try our best Dad. Charlie's life is in danger" I said and then he got up and walked towards me. "I'm sending Maggie & Hal with you" he uttered.

 "They're not gonna be much help"

 "Why?" he asked.

 "The whole rebel group is with us" I replied.

 --------

Allison's P.O.V

* a day later

  "Are you ready?" Ben asked as we got onto the boat. "Yes. Let's get our son back" I replied just as the engines started. The Charleston camp is slowly fading away as we move further and further. "Few more hours Charlie. Mom's gonna be there" I whispered.

 "If you see Karen what are you gonna do?" Ben asked.

 "Kill him"

 "That's my girl" he said. I smiled a bit and then he hugged me tightly. We have to make the best out of every single second. Death is really a thief these days, it attacks when the least expected.

 --

sorry this one is crappy. But the next chapter should be much better since it's the part where they rescue Charlie :) stay tuned