Chapter Five : "Something alien this way comes .."

Allison's P.O.V

 I took in a deep breath as I'm staring at my reflection in the mirror. Ben left early to go into a meeting about the new mission, leaving me and Charlie in our room. He knows that there's something wrong with Charlie, and besides all I need is a confirmation that he is not entirely human ... at least then it would be easier to accept him ... it would be easier for Ben to see him as his own child, all the weird things that took place will finally make sense.

 "Alli, what do you want for breakfast?" I turned around and saw Lourdes standing by the door. "Surprise Me" I replied and then she left.

 I looked at Charlie who's still sleeping peacefully at his crib, he's a beautiful baby ... with an awful lot of secrets. My heart started beating fast for no reason, and even before I know it, everything in the room started floating in the air ... as if connected on an invisible string that's connected to the ceiling.

 "What the hell?" I uttered as I watched all the things fall down again ... they fell down as fast as they came up. I rushed to see Charlie and was shocked to see his smiling face. "What now?" I whispered and then he opened his eyes and looked at me. I was taken aback but thankfully Lourdes came in.

 "Allison? What's going on? Are you alright?" she asked and then looked at me. My ahnd is still shaking that's why it's evident that I'm not.

 "It's ... It's Charlie ... he made everything float" I uttered.

 "Float?"

 "Yes"

 "Are you sure?"

 "Damn it Lourdes! I'm sure"

 "Okay fine .. I believe you ... How about Ben? Does he know about all of this?"

 "No .. and please don't tell him"

 "Why?"

 "Because I wanna tell him myself ... I don't think he'll handle it pretty good"

 "Okay" Lourdes replied and then laid the bowl of food on the table and left the room. I let out a big sigh, I know she doesn't believe me ...  that's why I have to prove it. I love Charlie and it's for his best if we'll know what he really is ... at least I can prepare him for what's gonna happen.

========================================

 "Are you sure about this?" Gen. Bressler asked while I'm laying out all the things that I can still remember from the time we checked out the mining camp, we have no pictures since the camera got wet when we jumped off the cliff.

 "Yes Sir" I replied and then looked at Dad who seemed please with my memory. "Okay then. So Mr. President .. what do you think we should do?" he then asked Dad. "I think it's for the best Gen. if you consult with Col. Dan Weaver here ... I reckon he's an expert when it comes to things like this" he replied.

 I looked at Col. Weaver and he brought out a map of the area. "Wait, we were noticed by some of the skitters .. we even got chased , if we're gonna do it .. we must take them by surprise" I uttered and then they nodded.

 "Ben, that's why we're going to split into several groups .. we'll surround the camp. You and the other rebels will come from the mountains at the back .. the cliff is not that high ... you can either jump it or use the harness wire. Me, Jeanne and Matt will go through the west side and plant some of the shock-wave bombs while the rest will enter through the main entrance once the guards are down" Col. Weaver said.

 "Sounds good" Dad replied to him.

 A few more minutes, the meeting adjourned. Dad left with the Volm leader named Cochise to talk about the weapon they're building ... Col. Weaver and the other soldiers went to the armory while I walked towards the skitter camp to tell everyone what's gonna happen.