Chapter Twenty Five : "Mind ... Blown"

Allison's P.O.V

 The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes is the harness that was once in my back. I looked around and saw Dr. Glass smiling at me. "You're awake" she said and then got up, fully revealing her pregnant look. I looked around but didn't see anyone else, also we're in a tent ... not in the clinic.

 "The clinic's destroyed. Along with the Volm machine for removing harnesses , we had to remove yours manually" she uttered. That means I have spikes. I tried to sit up my back hurts. "Allison, you should take some rest first" she said and so I laid to my side again and asked her where's Ben.

 "He's talking to his Dad" she replied and then headed for a table. Transferring soup to a bowl, she started walking towards me. "You're hungry" Anne said and then tried to sit down only to find herself having a tough time.

 "I'm fine Anne" I uttered and then smiled at her.

 "Okay, but if you're hungry just tell me"

 "Alright" I said and then closed my eyes again, I feel too exhausted. I've been under the influence of the harness for only more than two weeks but it feels like months. I wish Ben will have answers as to why this is happening, 'cause if it's only me ... then I would have given up a long time ago.

-----

  It's been three days since Anne removed Allison's spikes, but up until now she's not awake yet. "Dad, is Allison okay?" I asked him while we're alone in the tent discussing our plans to take down the Espheni defense grid. I helped on digging the Volm Weapon from the destroyed camp, I can't believe Karen used Lourdes to do all of this. She's supposed to be harmless.

 "She will be Ben, don't worry. But I'm gonna have to tell you something"

 "What is it?"

 "Pope is doing his best to discredit her. He's finding someone other than Lourdes to blame for all of this, I know it's hard but just stay away okay?. I think he's planning something, and we should find that out" he uttered after he moved closer to me. 

"Why would he do that?"

 "Typical Pope" he uttered.

 "Did they believed him? Allison hasn't been here for the past month"

 "Yes. And so are you, but let's not forget that on the day of your wedding, the Mole blew up a part of the camp" he said, looking at me. I just really wish that Allison would wake up soon so that she can relay some of the information she found out about the Espheni's battle plans.

 A few minutes have passed and Matt walked inside. "Ben?" he called out. "I'm here" I said and then got up form the chair behind him. "Allison's awake" he said and then smiled. I looked at Dad and then the three of us got out and rushed to the clinic.

 As soon as I got to the clinic, I saw her standing up. "Ben" she said and then ran towards me. "Careful" I said right before she threw her arms around me. I can still feel her spikes, I just hope it will go away soon.

------

Allison's P.O.V

 A couple of hours have passed and the feeling of exhaustion is already gone, maybe my body has already adjusted to the harness. I was dismissed from the clinic so I got out to get some fresh air. Of course, people are staring at me like I'm a freaking Skitter that's why I just made my way to the Rebel Camp where I'll look normal for sure.

 They're busy having a meeting so I just walked to the back, opting to visit Cody's grave. I remembered what happened before I passed out, I can now move things. I looked around to see if anyone's watching, when I realized that there's no one ... I tried to make that rock float in the air using my mind.

 And I did, I really did.

 "So you really have telekinesis now huh?" startled, I turned around only to find Ben.

 "Do you really have to scare me like that?" I asked as he pulled me closer to him.

 "Do you know what this means?" I asked.

 "No ..what do you mean?"

 "We can finally kill Karen" I uttered and then smiled at him. I can't wait to get my revenge. If letting my dark side control me will help us to beat Karen and the Espheni then I will let it happen. I need to see them dead.