Chapter Twety Six : "Grid"

Two days have passed since Allison came back, she made it clear that as much as she want to be happy ... the thought of Charlie not around still takes a massive toll on her. Things aren't getting easier either, the grid is up which means our time is running out. Dr. Kadar must still figure out the Volm Weapon so we can use it to take down the Espheni shield that they put up.

 "We have 3 days to prepare. You and I will get Charlie and kill Karen once and for all okay?" I asked Allison while we're both standing at the top of the school bus. "Of course .. does your Dad know about this?" she then asked.

 "Yes" I uttered. Allison's quite confident that she can beat Karen, but I will never be for sure ... as long as those spikes are still on her back, Karen will have a control on her no matter what.

 "He's not gonna stop us right?" Allison then asked me as she jumped down.

 "Nope" I replied and then followed her lead. We then both walked towards the Rebel's Camp. "Where are you going?" I asked when she started heading towards the back.

 "I'll just rest" she said and then entered our tent. She doesn't wanna say it, but she's really having the hardest time. I wanna be there for her because we're going through the same thing ... she's my wife ... Charlie's my son. But something changed about her, she grew more distant from me. Now, I really wanna know the reason why.

 "She's still upset?" Natalie then asked.

 "Yes" I replied and then walked away from her, I have to get Charlie as soon as possible, he's the only one who can help Allison be happy again.

 -------

  Allison's P.O.V

 I'm feeling extra bad today, I don't know if it's because of the spikes and the weird things happening to me or I'm really just sick.

 I've been contemplating on going back to the tower on my orn and kill Karen once and for all but I know I'll lose. I did gain an amazing ability and it will hep us a lot, it's just that I don't know if I can control it or not.

 "Alli?" I got up as fast and opened the entrance to my tent. It's Denny calling my name. "Hey. Come in" I said and then went back to bed.

 "How are you feeling?"

 "I'm not sure"

 "Why?" she then asked.

 "I guess I'm not used to having magnified feelings. I really wanna get my son back, Denny I'll do  everything to get Charlie back" I said, looking at her straight to the eyes.

 "That's the reason why I came here"

 "What? Why?"

 "Get up now. We'll train that telekinesis of yours" she said, I smiled and then got up as fast as I could. I picked up my gun and we headed out.

--------

  I joined Matt, Hal and Dad walk towards the meeting tent, we must now form our plan to take down the gird. "Dr. Kadar is now able to use the Volm Weapon. Cochise will be supervising of course, so this will be the perfect time to make a plan to take down the grid" Dad said in front of the military people, 2nd Mass and the berserkers.

 "How are we gonna do that Tom? The Boston tower is filled with Espheni forces" Pope asked Dad. "We'll have a decoy" he said and then looked at me, that's my idea after all.

  We spent the next minutes discussing plans and as soon as it's all set, most left the tent. I think everyone's cautious that another mole is lurking around ... and if there is, there's a chance that it will got o hell.

 "Dad, we need to get Charlie away from that tower first" I whispered as soon as we both got out. "We'll figure out a plan how to do that. I'll send Maggie & Hal with you .... wait, where's Allison?" he then asked.

 "She's resting" I said. A few minutes have passed, we reached his makeshift office where we made a plan on how to get Charlie before the Volm Tower falls down.

 ----

Allison's P.O.V

 "Okay. I want you to life that car using your mind and transfer it towards there" Denny said and then pointed 50 ft. to her side. "Okay" I uttered and then started concentrating.

 I looked straight to the car, I raised my hand forward and then moved it upwards. The car is levitating in the air. I smiled and slowly started transferring it to the designated place. "Hey!" I heard someone call out, my concentration was lessened and the car crashed to the ground with a loud bang.

 "Woah" I turned around and saw Natalie. I just sighed and smiled at her.

 "You're practicing?"

 "Yeah" I said and then just walked away from them. The other deharnessed kids are running towards me, asking what happened.