Chapter Fifteen : "The Ones That Got Away" [Part 1 of 2]

The last two weeks have been one of the longest two weeks I've ever had. It hurts so much knowing that Allison and Charlie's safety are controlled by the enemy. I haven't seen them since.. even Karen. To make things worst, as each day pass by I'm starting to lose it more and more. I might be going crazy already. I can feel the hatred and darkness creeping in and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

 Two weeks ago, I was captured by army people. They presented themselves as the "Real Protectors of America", at first I actually thought the name is hilarious. But things shifted into a much serious note when I found out that Pres. Hathaway is still alive. Just when I thought we can be allies, I overheard them planning an attack to Charleston bec. they say the Volms and the rebel skitters there. I tried to convince them that they're friends but I just made them more determined to attack. 4 days ago, I did what I had to do.

 The attack will commence in less than a week, and in that short amount of time I have to return to Charleston even if I don't know where the hell am I.

 I escaped their base and accidentally killed 2 soldiers in the process and now I've been in hiding ever since. Torn between saving the whole camp and finding my family. Thankfully, I found a harlem bike 10 miles south of the base and I've been using it until yesterday. I don't have a gun that's why I'm vulnerable to a ton of things, they took my knfe too.

 I looked around and realized that I am now in a familiar place, this is where I proposed to Allison. It somehow made me happy because I'm now near in Charleston. The sound of thunder started o fill the skies and the rain fell down that's why I ran as fast as I could towards the house.

 "Crap" I uttered as I saw my boots fell open, they're too soaked in the water. Not wasting any time, I went straight to the bedroom - at least what's left of it - and got myself dry clothes. I opened the cabinet and saw a combat boot just like mine. I wore it and started looking for possible weapons. But after bout half an hour, all I got ae small knives. I carried them anyway and packed them to one of the bags Allison and I left here.

 I kept on breaking down every now and then.I miss Allison so much and with her goone, I don't know if I still ahve enough strength to do this. But I have to, I have to find them. They need me. I just hope they're stillalive or else my life would be competely useless. Might aswell as kill myself then.

 Two hours have passed and the rain passed, I got out of the house and started walking. Trekking the woods at this time is the best way to avoid any troubles. I think the time is between 4:00 and 6:00 pm. The weather is extremely chilly but it doesn't matter, what's important is I get back to Charleston and continue my mission as fast as possible.

 The sound of leaves and branches being crushed as I step on them fills the environment right now. It remained that way but after a few minutes, something happened. I feel that someone is following me. I gripped my knife and hid behind a tree. As soon as I saw the figure walk in front of me, I launched myself and toppled it only to realized that it was a girl.She pushed me hard and pointed a 9mm.

 "Who are you?" she asked, quite startled but not scared.

 "Why are you following me?" I asked her.

 "I don't know. Maybe because you're the first human I saw in weeks" she replied through a very distinct Australian accent. I looked at her pretty face and saw through her eyes how strong she really is. She has spikes too.

 "Who sent you?"

 "I'm from Australia. I flew in here with the lady who travels in an old airplane. But unfortunately, we went down after an attack. She's dead" the girl said. That means the same lady who came to us is now dead. Oh my God.

 I assesed how she looks and she didn't looked any evil to me that's why I put down the knife and asked the girl her name.

 "Natalie Rivers" she replied as she stood up and gave me a glare. She suddenly reminded me of Allison. A few minutes later, we left together. I decided to take her to Charleston just so she can be with others.

 The next moments were pretty awkward. That is until we both felt an instant connection, our spikes glowed and we suddenly felt more comfortable with each other.

 "What's happening?" she asked, staring right at me.

 "I don't know" I replied as a laser of light shots from the ground and into the clouds above us.

=====

 Next part will be up in a few days :)