Chapter Twenty One : "Dealing with the Devil"

Song used in this chapter :

 "Come Home" by One Republic ft. Sara Bareilles

---

Lourdes and Anne had to leave the clinic at some point that's why I had the chance to come out and fight with the others. But before I could even go outside, Matt spotted me and told me to go back. "Why? they're fighting out there!" I told him but then he said it's over , Dad called for a ceasefire because Pres. Hathaway has been shot.

 Matt led me back to the clinic where and impatient Lourdes is waiting for me. "Ben why did you get out? We don't know what happened to you last night .. you're still under observation" she said as I went back to my bed.

 "I just thought they need me" I told her.

 "Not everybody needs you right now .... I'm sorry, I just want you to have some rest. You're still leaving today remember?" she asked and then I nodded.

 I looked at Matt and he just smiled. "Please call Dad" I told him as he got out of the clinic. Flashes of what happened last night are coming back, I saw Karen and the Overlord. I can remember most of the encounter, the only thing that slipped out of my mind is the conversation .. what did we talked about?

  A few minutes have passed, Dad and Hal came to the clinic. "How are you feeling?" Hal asked. "Better, how's Pres. Hathaway?" I asked.

 "Nurses are tending to him. We'll have a meeting later. Would you care to join?" Dad asked me before remembering our deal.

 "Right .. you have to go" he said and then smiled at me. Hal excused himself as he still have to go to Maggie. "Once you feel completely okay, I'll call Natalie and then you can leave" he said and then I nodded.

 I had to leave today ... it's important that I do.

----

Allison's P.O.V

 I spent the whole day trying to make a plan on how to escape. Charlie is not in a good condition, I can feel it.

 I am slowly trying to regain control of my body. Even though I can move on my own free will, sometimes my hands just do weird movements. The effects of the harness is still making it's way to my brain, I don't know how much it can hold them back .. I don't wanna see the day the harness fully controls me.

 The door opened and Karen walks in, what does this bitch wants this time?. "You miss your husband right? Well you'll see him soon. And there's a huge chance you could be with him again, that is if he does his part of the deal" Karen said, looking at me right through the eyes.

 "What part of the deal?" I thought to myself, Ben couldn't be dealing with this devil.

 "But if he doesn't hold his end. Both of you will die" Karen said before walking out again. I have to make the perfect plan to get out of here. I need to see Ben. I need to.

----

 A couple of hours have passed and I was discharged form the clinic. I went back to my room to find my bags all packed up. "Ready to go?" I turned around and saw Natalie.

 "Yeah" I said and then picked the bags up. She handed me a couple of guns and told me there's a set of knives on the bag. We both started heading out.

 "The rest of the rebel group will come a few hours after us" she said. Dad saw me as soon as we got to the out lands.

  "Bring back Allison and Charlie okay? I'm sorry we can't come and help you" he said, putting one hand on my shoulder.

 "It's okay. I'll bring both of them back. I promise" I said and then he hugged me tightly. "We'll be back as soon as possible" I said and then walked away from him.

 Natalie and I rode two separate motor bikes and left the Charleston camp.

 We got out of Charleston itself after almost an hour. What's weird is, I haven't seen a single a skitter or an alien activity around. The silence is so eerie that it seems like we're the only ones left here in the world.

 "Do you hear anything?" I asked Natalie as we were still riding the bikes. "Nothing!! No skitters around!!" she replied. We took a turn and started heading towards the main road.

 But the peace we felt for a couple minutes have vanished when I spotted three beamers heading our way.

 "Turn right!" I yelled and we both started driving towards the woods. The rocky road made it hard for us so we decided to ditch them and run.

 "They're still following us!!" Natalie said.

 "I'm aware!!"

 We decided to part ways as the beamers started firing at us. I found a nearby river where I hid under a huge trunk of tree. The beamers just passed, I hope Natalie's fine. 

 I got out of my hiding place and started walking back when I suddenly felt and excruciating headache. So painful I fell down to my knees. It hurts so much that I screamed over and over again. It's like my head is being crushed over and over again.

 I opened my eyes and everything is spinning around, and then my view started going black .. a few moments after, I passed out on the ground.