Chapter Four : "Now You See Me, Now You Don't"

Allison's P.O.V

 I got to the door and told the guards to call Dr. Glass, then they both left. I looked back at Charlie who's thankfully .. still at his crib. My heart just literally skipped a beat after he 'magically'  teleports to another place.

 "Alli? What happened?" Anne asked as soon as she came into my room. I immediately locked the door shut and grabbed her arm towards Charlie. "What happened to Charlie?" she asked.

 "Please tell me you're not gonna laugh at what I'm about to say"

 " Okay I won't " she replied.

 "I think there's ... there's something wrong with Charlie"

 "Really? Is he sick?" she asked and then felt his forehead. "I don't think he's sick" Anne uttered after a few moments. "That's not it" I said and then she looked at me.

 "Then what is it Allison?"

 "When I was preparing his food.. I turned my back on him and he was just right in the bed ... after a few minutes, I turned to him again ... he's already on the crib" I uttered .. eyes fixed at Anne who just became confuse at what I just said.

  "Are you sure? Allison you're under a lot of stress"

 "I know .. and I'm sure of what I saw" I said and then she just gave me a comforting hug. I know Anne didn't believed me ... and it sucks 'cause I can't do anything to have an evidence that's Charlie's doing these things.

 Suddenly, I remembered that Dr. who's responsible for the generator here in Charleston .. I heard through Ben that he has a background with genetics and DNA stuffs .. I just hope Anne knows him.

 "Umm Anne?" I asked her.

 "What?"

 "Do you know the guy who made the generator for this place?"

 "Yeah .. he's name is Dr. Roger Kadar .. he lives underground .. a part of the sewer to be exact"

 "Really? ... why?"

 "He's agoraphobic"

 "Okay .... "

 "Why'd you ask?"

 "Oh nothing ... I'm just wondering" I replied and then smiled at her.

 "Okay then .. don't stress about Charlie .. I'm sure he's fine. Do you want anything?"

 "Umm ... just tell Lourdes to meet me"

 "Okay" Anne replied and then smiled. She then took one last look at Charlie and then left the room. Dr. Kadar is my last hope in confirming my suspicions .. I know Charlie's not normal, but if he'll keep on doing this ... his own life will be in danger.

 I walked back to his crib only to see him smiling at me, that beautiful face he got is so serene .. so peaceful .. it's kinda hard to believe that he might not be human at all. "We'll get answers Charlie" I told him and then smiled.

 After a few minutes, Lourdes came in. "What is it Allison?" she asked. "Can you babysit Charlie just for a bit?" I replied to her.

 "Sure .. where are you going?"

 "I just have to talk to someone .. is it alright?"

 "I guess so"

 "Thank you" I said and then almost literally ran outside. I looked around and saw people looking at me, I need to do this and go back to Charlie as fast as I can. I made my way to the side of the cafeteria, where the only entrance towards Dr. Kadar's lair is located. I looked around and saw that there's no people looking.