Test Taken

The test began just like before  with the rope connecting the two buildings to show my fear of heights.

What would a gamer do?, I thought to myself. I could feel the wind in my hair and the fear pounding in my head. I then took a step onto the rope and didn't look down as I walked across trying not to fall. I made it across and exhaled a huge breath. Now I stood in a room, one big dark room. I stood alone with myself and I had to not panic. I  stood still listening to complete silence around me.  When I heard footsteps I didn't scream or yell. I just stood.

I blinked then stood back in front of Mark and Jack with a gun on the table.

"You know what you gotta do Maddie", Mark said sitting at the table and pushing the gun over to me. "Its your duty to make the choose",.

"Damn", I said picking up the gun and putting it to Marks head.

"Please forgive me Mark", I said pulling the trigger and bam. The gun disappeared and that part of the test ended. Then I woke up from the test and people were clapping!

"Congratulations Maddie, you made it and I know your father is proud but as a gamer you have to do one thing..", Pewdiepie said stepping out of the way to another table with Mark and Jack tied at the wrists and ducktape on their mouth. Mark and Jack were both crying.

"We have to take the test to the next level", Pewdiepie said handing me a gun. "We don't need them any more, shoot them both",.

I looked at Mark than at Jack.

I held the gun up to Jacks head and Mark started squealing. I took in a deep breath and then the memories of the way they cared for me poured in. I couldn't do it. I put the gun down.

"Maddie.. What are you doing? I gave you a order", Pewdiepie yelled at me in anger.

"Sir, I cant.. I am a weak idiot and I know you think that but Mark and Jack have been there for me ever since I came here", I said walking over to Mark and Jack who were still tied up and hugged them.

I blinked and the relized that what had just happened was still the test! No one clapped and no one cheered. PewDiePie looked at me grimly and shook his head. Mark looked at me nervously and gave a sly smile.

"Maddie, salute", PewDiePie said. I got off the chair and saluted letting Pewdiepie circle me.

"Mark and Jack have taught you well, and you have truly impressed me, I am proud to call you a forever Gamer", Pewdiepie said causing people to cheer and Mark and Jack stood up and clapped. Jack gave me a thumbs up and I had a tear run down my face. I was safe for now. I took my seat back down and watched as others took the test. Unlike me others were called out and most were divergents. One kid from the Viner Family failed the test and PewDiePie ordered the guards to shoot him. The leaders of the Viner Family were almost as shocked as most of the people watching were. Mark covered his eyes as the guard shot the kid and he bled to death. This place wasn't safe.