One Long Ride

Marks P.O.V
---------------------------
I woke up and found Jacks note on his nightstand. The smiley face was a really nice touch which made me chuckle. Madison woke up shortly after me and also read Jacks note smiling. We began to get dressed and then a loud knock came from the other side of our bedroom door.

"Oh MARK... Open the damn door please", A voice from the other side said. Madisons eyes widened at the loud noise at our door.

"Oh come on Madison it has to be Jack", I said opening the door and my smile faded to complete fear. There stood Felix and next to him was Jack tied up and duck tape on his mouth. A huge group of guards were with Felix too. Tears were streaming down Jacks face.

"Well Mark you guessed correctly, here's Jack", Felix said.

"What is going on?", I asked with a nervous chuckle.

"Oh I just love it when divergents act stupid", Felix said with a sigh. "Jack told me that you guys were divergents, is that correct?",.

I looked over at Jack who had puppy dog eyes and watery tears.

"Jack.... Buddy how could you?", I said, my voice now cracking. Jack closed his eyes and looked away from Maddie and I. He was trying to not make eye contact.

"But you must not blame him but you can blame the shot that forces people to tell the truth instead of hiding it like you did, you just like making my job harder for me? Don't you? You little brats will never learn that this is no place for divergents", Felix said with a low growl. "Guards seize them",.

The guards ran into the room grabbing Madison by the hands and tied up her hands and feet. I screamed and cried and tried to fight back but then I felt a zap! They were trying to zap me and make me pass out!

I kicked and punched until I lost all my strength. I got a knife cut on my forehead that seemed to be bleeding a good bit. After they bounded my hands and feet I just stopped fighting. I couldn't fight anymore. My strength was failing me. The guards backed off at they dragged Madison, Jack, and I back out of the bedroom and down the hall. The trainees were still sleeping so Felix duck taped all of our mouths shut as Madison started squealing. At they were dragging us down the hall, I heard a squeal. I looked down the corridor we were passing and there stood Minx. She had dropped all of her paper work at the sight of us being dragged. Felix stopped dead in his tracks and turned to her.

"Ahh... Yes... Dr.Minx, these are your friends right?", Felix asked looking at us.

"Yes... Sir", Minx said with a steady tone in her voice. She looked at me and I tired to look happy in my eyes and tried to let her know that she didn't need to get hurt over us.

"Did you know they were divergents?", Felix said.

"Yes", Minx said with out thinking.

"See Mark, Jack, and Maddie? Minx told me the truth", Felix said. "And guess what she DOESN'T get to live",.

The guards tied her up like they did with Madison and I. I could heard Jack crying through the tape as his loud whimpers got louder and louder. Minx didn't cry but I could see that she was in a little shock. A guard now dragged her behind the line training the hall. Two guards were now pulling me by my shoulders. I was proud I was so heavy because I just waited patiently for one of them to drop me so I could attempt to get away. Each guard wore blue ammo proof armor on there chest and army pants along with combat boots. Each had a gun on their shoulder strap that looked to be laying on there back. I looked at one of them and they showed no emotion. We made it out of the gamer family home and not it was morning. They loaded us up into a van at the very back and took off the ducktape, thankfully with out any guards to hear us talk. The guards rode in the front after shutting the door. They had sat me between Madison, on my right, and Jack, on my left. Minx was sitting next to Jack.

"Are you guys okay?", Jacks voice whispered.

"We're fine Jack..", I said. "Please don't blame this on yourself, Felix is a idiot with no self control",.

"I know but because of me we are now going to be killed", Jack wimpered. I could see the light reflect off of Jack and I could see him with his face in his hands. This was going to be one long ride.