Chapter Twenty-Six

Flashback
Pan's POV
I wake up to my mother shaking me awake. "Peter,get your sister and go while your father is asleep." I look around and out the window. It must be about one o'clock in the morning. I get up and use magic to get dressed and headed towards Maya's room. I open the door and gently nudge her arm. "Wake up Maya. Time to go to our new home." She opened her eyes and looked up at me. "Ok" she got up and snapped her fingers , she instantly changed from a pink night gown to a velvet dress and dark brown cloak with dark brown boots. "Let's go,Peter." She grabbed her stuff and walked out of the room. I followed her and we went into the woods. She let me get in front of her because, I was the only one that knew where we were going. "Why don't you have your things?" She asked me. "Because, I already dropped my stuff there last night." I answered. "Wait where are we going to live?" She asked. "You'll see. We're almost there." We walk a little while longer and get to the abandoned cottage. "Peter,we're going to live in your hideout?" She asked when we walked into the cottage. "Yep. It's the only place I could think of as safe and plus there's just enough space for both of us." She nods and goes down the hall to her bedroom. She throws all of her things on her bed. I go to my room and sit in front of my desk. I get one of the pieces of paper from one of the draws in desk and grabbed my pen. I had it enchanted to guide my hand to draw pictures of certain people. "Ok, draw one of the peasants from the village." I say to the pen. It forces my hand to follow it. When it quite drawing, I lifted up the picture. I recognized the girl as Savannah Hardwick from school. She was the only other person besides me and Maya that has magic. She went missing a year ago but, the pen thinks she's still alive. "Peter, I didn't know you could draw." I turned to see Maya in the doorway, looking very surprised at my drawing. "Savannah's alive." I mumbled under my breath. "What did you say?" She asked. I showed her the drawing of Savannah. "Savannah's alive." I say louder so she can hear me. "How do you know?" She asked. "Because, I enchanted the pen to only draw certain people and those people have to be breathing in order for it to allow me to draw the person." She looked confused. "So, you asked it to draw Savannah?" She asked. "No, I asked it to draw a peasant and the peasant ended up being Savannah." She nodded in understanding. "I'm going to go to the marketplace." She said. "Ok, but put your hood up on your cloak. No one can know that we're still near the village." She nods and goes out of the cottage.