Chapter Twenty-Eight

Flashback
Pan's POV

After Maya left to go to the marketplace, I got my cloak on and grabbed my bow and arrows. Once I was far enough from the village, I took off my hood and started shooting at a tree. "Hello." I heard someone say. I turned and looked at where the voice was coming from. A boy about my age. He was wearing normal clothes you would find in the village and a cloak. "Hello." I say back. "What are you doing back in the forest?" He asked me. "I'm target practicing." I say aiming another arrow at a tree. I shot it and the arrow split in half. "What are you doing in the forest?" I ask him. "I was escaping my father. He always beats me when he gets home." He gives me a sad look. "Me and my sister used to get beat by our father but, my mother thought it would be smart to make me and my sister leave and find safety somewhere else." I aim an arrow at another tree and shoot. "What's your name?" He asked in a little accent. "I'm Peter." I say. He smiled "I'm Rumplstiskin but, you can call me Rumple." I smile back. The only friend I've ever had was my sister. Everyone feared us because we had powers. Rumple doesn't seem to know who I am. "Have you met  a girl named Savannah?" He suddenly asked. "Yeah,she went missing a little over a year ago. People say she's dead but,I don't believe them." I say. Maya suddenly comes out of the forest and scares me by sneaking up behind me and putting her hands on my shoulders. Her an Rumple laugh at me jumping. "Who's this, Peter?" She asked. "I'm Rumple." He says. "I'm Maya." She says back. "This is your sister?" Rumple asked. "Yes." I say back. "Peter, we have to go back to the hideout before it gets to dark. I'm lucky I didn't get lost looking for you." She said. "Wait, if you didn't know where I was then how did you find me?" I ask confused. "I went into the woods and headed straight until I heard you and Rumple talking." She said. "Ok. Well bye Rumple, hopefully we'll see you soon." I say. Me and Maya headed back to cottage and ate dinner. "Do you know who Rumple is?" She asked. "No,I just met him today." I said. " Oh. there's just something strange about him." She said. "How's there anything strange about him? To me he was just a normal person." I say. "Well, then why'd he ask about Savannah?" I honestly didn't have an answer to that question. Why did he ask about her? Maybe he was related to her or associated with her. "I don't know." I say honestly. "Exactly." She says. I roll my eyes, very annoyed. "So, how does that matter?" I ask. "Because for him not to be afraid of us he has to be at least immortal." She said. "Maybe he simply doesn't know who we are." I say. I hope that is true. "Then, how come I couldn't read his mind?" I look at her confused. "I could only read your mind if you're not immortal." I suddenly understand what she's saying. "Oh. Well then he could have powers. I mean the only person who wasn't afraid of us was Savannah and that was because she had powers." She nods. "We'll talk more about it I the morning." She says. I go into my room and take out my spell book. I study and try out spells for about two hours and go to sleep.