Chapter Twenty-Three

Kim's POV

I wake up to hearing a type of flute I look up and see Pan playing the pan pipes while the lost boys danced around the fire. I think of my flute back at home and me playing concerts in concert band. I start humming my favorite piece of music, Galactic  Episode. I also start tearing and murdering leaves because, I am very bored. I look to see Henry sleeping on the other side of the fire. Pan walks over to him with a crossbow and an apple. I can't  hear what they're saying. Pan walks towards the middle of camp and Henry gets up and follows him. "Felix,get over here." Pan shouts. Felix walks over to Pan and gives him the apple. "There's a story that a man once shot an apple off his son's head. Let's see if that's possible." I remember that story from music class in third grade. "Is his aim good?" Henry asks. "It doesn't matter,you're the one shooting." Felix places the apple on his head. All the lost boys including Pan stared chanting for him to shoot. Pan's trying to convince him. Henry aims for the apple and at the last second aims and shoots at Pan. He catches it right before it can hit his chest. I hold my breath, shocked Henry did that. Pan didn't seem surprised at all.  He actually looked pleased by the fact Henry shot at him. He drops the arrow and walks over to me. I try not to make eye contact with him. I look down. "What's the matter?" He says smirking. "He proved it." He looks at me confused. "Proved what? That he's turning into a lost boy?"He asks still confused. "No, he proved that you really are a monster." I say. "How did he prove that I'm a monster?" He smirks. "By shooting at you at the last possible second." I say. I hope Emma and everyone else is ok.