Loyalties Among Thieves

(If you understand the title reference, you get an award. If not, I'll just explain saying it's the name of a New Politics song. My favorite of theirs, actually. And I'm not just saying that because Joe produced it. It's just overall an AMAZING song.)

You crawled through the dark, abandoned record store.  Already having a few vinyls in your bag. 
You slowly stood up next to another bin, flipping through the records inside.  Your face lit up when you saw a certain one, carefully putting it in your bag with the rest. 
You knew Patrick would be ecstatic when he saw that you found it. 

Your relationship with Patrick started like any cliché high school movie.  You ran away together.
You two had been planning it ever since you became best friends in 5th grade.  After graduation, you somehow got away with it. 
You drove all across the country, finding old, abandoned record stores. 

Neither of you liked admitting it, but you were basically thieves. 

You would both trespass around the stores and steal a lot of the records.  The best part was that since they were all abandoned, there was mostly vintage, rare vinyls. 
You would never sell them illegally though.  You simply wanted to collect them.  Needless to say, Patrick was running out of room in his car for any more. 

---

Worried about getting caught, you decided to leave the current store and run back to Patrick's car. 
He leaned over from the driver's seat to open the door for you. 
"Thanks,"  You said, sitting in the passenger seat.  You handed him the bag to let him look through it.

"Most of them are casual, but there is one."  You explained, adding a smirk to the end of your sentence.
You knew he saw it when he gasped and grinned from ear to ear.

"Elvis Costello and the Attractions; Watching Detectives EP,"  He said in awe.  He held the 45 vinyl gently in his hands as he read the track listing, with songs such as Allison and Accidents Will Happen.

"My dad would love this."  He mumbled.  You sighed and softly laid your hand on his shoulder.
A moment of silence passed and you asked, "Do you miss your family?" 

He put the gear shift of the car into drive and put his head down. 
"Do you?"  You asked again. 
After a few seconds, he eventually squeaked out, "Yes," 
You pursed your lips and continued to interrogate him. 

"Did you even want to come?"  You asked feeling terrible already if he didn't.  This was all your idea. 
He drew a deep breath in his nose and released it through his mouth. 

"I just want to be with you.  Not only that, but I wanted to prove to you that I am willing to do anything to catch your attention.  Even if it means breaking laws." 

You heart seemed to have stopped beating, but then beat faster then it ever had.  Was he saying that he liked you more than just a friend? 

"I want to go home.  I miss everyone.  I know I don't have a chance with you, so my idea of thinking that this would change that was stupid.  I'm sorry I lied when I said I wanted to come."  He continued, having an expression on his face of guilt.

"Patrick,"  You started, wanting to crawl in a hole and stay there forever.  "I love you too." 
He looked at you with widened eyes, which were glazed over with tears about to fall.  "R-Really?"  He stuttered out, and you nodded. 

You truly did love him.  Ever since the two of you met.
You leaned across the console of the car and kissed his cheek, which lead to his lips.

"Let's go home before we get arrested anyways."  You joked, which made him smile.

(I know that was... An odd situation.  Kinda stupid.  No, VERY stupid.  I apologize for what you just read. XD )