Soft Kitty

Patrick helped you into the house as your cradled your broken wrist, which was now in a cast. 
"Patrick, honey, I broke my wrist, not both of my legs."  You said as he helped you make it to the couch safely, rearranged all of the pillows so you would be comfortable, and propped your legs up on the coffee table.
"Patrick really, I'm fine."  You snapped, not meaning for it to sound so annoyed.

"Oh, sorry I'm annoying you,"  He apologized softly.  He poked his hands into his pockets and added, "I can leave if you want me to."
You heaved a sigh and said, "No, I'm sorry, I didn't mean that I wanted you to leave." He still looked at you like a lost puppy because your tone was still on edge.

You patted the couch cushion next to you, signaling for him to sit down. He obeyed you and sat criss cross applesauce next to you.
"Why do you have to be so sensitive?" You asked, and he sarcastically put his hands on his hips.
"Don't you know better than to ask a sensitive person that?" He exclaimed with sass. You rolled your eyes and tried to get comfortable to help relieve some of the pain.

You and Patrick had been riding bikes around Chicago when a dog ran in front of your bike and you stopped too fast to avoid hitting it. The result was you crashing into a dumpster and breaking your wrist.

You nuzzled your way under his arm and looked at him with your bottom lip out. "Can you sing Soft Kitty?" You asked like a toddler.
He stroked your hair and replied, "But, that's only for when you're sick."
You intensified your baby voice and continued, "But being injured is kinda a type of being sick."
Finally, he gave in and began to softly sing the lullaby.

"Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr."

Even while singing a childish song like that, his voice still remained sounding amazing.
He kissed your forehead and asked, "All better now?"
"Yes, thank you." You replied with a nod.

(I watch Big Bang Theory too much...)