Jet Pack Blues

"I can't do this anymore, Patrick!" You yelled at your husband, tears streaming down your cheeks. His eyes were red and puffy from crying beforehand and he had hardly said a word within the past twenty minutes.
This entire argument started from you complaining that he was gone on tour too much. He would softly try to explain and promise he would make it up to you, but you were blind to see that he was innocent and truly sorry.

He reached out to slowly grasp your hand, but you jerked it back.
"Don't even try that." You said, staring at him for a moment, but then storming off to your bedroom, slamming the door shut behind you.

You pulled your knees to your chest and sat at the foot of your bed, no more tears threatening to drop. You were too angry to cry anymore. Not anger towards him, but anger towards yourself.

Patrick had curled into a fetal position in the corner of the couch in the living room and had eventually began to cry again. You had made he feel as if this was entirely his fault, and him being very sensitive, he instantly took the blame.
His hands trembled as he unlocked his phone to call Pete.

"Hey Dude, something wrong? It's kinda late." Pete answered on the other line.
"Um... Can I spend the rest of the night at your house?" Patrick replied, his voice cracking a few times.
"Sure, but you've got to tell me what's wrong. I know you're crying." Pete's tone in his voice instantly became concerned.
"I'll explain when I get there." And with that, Patrick hung up and got up to leave.

It was raining heavily outside, so he put on a jacket and grabbed his car keys and left the house. 
He held his forehead in his hands before putting the key into the ignition, but didn't hesitate very long. 

You stood up and watched the headlights on the car drive away from the window.  Your heart dropped knowing that he left because of you. 
Reality hit you like a brick and you realized you needed to go back to him before this ended up into something worse.

You ran out of the bedroom, grabbing a black coat that you had realized was his own leather jacket.  But because of his small frame, it fit you almost perfectly.
Darting through the door, not minding to close it behind you, you noticed that you could still see the tail lights of his car. 

He was parked in the middle of the street, you could see that he was watching you. 
The cold rain sent chills down your spine.  You couldn't tell which was tears and which was rain drops pouring down your face. 
You walked through the puddles to stand in front of his window. 

"Baby, come home."  You pleaded, even though you knew he couldn't hear you.  But he read your lips. 
He opened his door and stood in the rain with you. 

You watched as the rain fell down his cheeks, which were bright red from crying.  You questioned yourself how you could ever be mad at him like this. 

"Why did you stop leaving?"  You asked as he reached his hand behind your soaked hair to softly hold your neck.
"I thought it was stupid to leave over a situation about me leaving too much."  He answered, which made you giggle softly.

You cupped his cheeks and began to apologize, "I'm so sorry, I've been so selfish.  You're living your dream and I'm just putting you down."
He shook his head and said, "No, I can't blame you for missing me, because I miss you even more." 

Your lips collided and you knew that everything was okay now. 
He took your hand and walked around to the passenger side of the car, helping you in like a gentlemen.
When he sat in the driver's seat he gazed into your eyes and whispered, "Thank you for forgiving me."

(Oh come on, let's be real, who could be mad at HIM?  He could join a squad of murders and I would still be like "Lol you're cute")