: three :

"You're kidding, right?" Michael wanted to laugh. He yearned to laugh so hard he couldn't breath looking at Calum's stern nod. He wants to be normal. That's crazy, a joke even.

But Calum meant it. He hasn't felt happy in awhile, for more than a year he's been stuck in a depressed funk and he feels like this could help. He just wants a few days where nobody knows his name. It's a lot to ask for, but it'd make Calum feel so much better.

"Seriously?" The bleach blonde paused, eyes now questioning with a smile on his bright red lips.

Calum kept his heartless straight face and gave a hum in reply, "Mhm."

He noticed the boy's bright green eyes flicker down to his ice pack out of nervousness and spoke up, "Okay then, deal."

It was so surreal. No one just agrees to staying at some random strangers house for a week- let alone a millionaire known for his parties and hook ups. But it was like a strike of adrenaline carried through Michael's veins at the thought, he honestly wanted to see how this guy reacts to normal people's lives. Taking him to work, showing him video games, and more importantly chores. Calum's never done anything outside of his comfort zone which consists of singing, photoshoots, and his favorite: writing.

"One hundred fans outside, you're screwed." Luke's head peeked through the doorway and showed a tweet from his phone, Calum having to squint to see the picture attached to the caption 'we're waiting calum!' as if this was a meet and greet. He's here in an actual hospital and all that his fans want is three seconds for a hug and picture.

The picture attached showed tons of fans crowded around the door, a few paparazzi's on the outer edge of it not focusing on the selfie taking place. He knows the look Luke is giving him, he wants Calum to go down and meet them. Show his 'nice' side and smile in a few pictures or kiss someone's cheek. Just so the crowd can disperse and they can have an easier time leaving the place. Calum knows that won't avail anything good, doing that would just attract more fans.

Michael didn't see the big deal and actually told Calum he should go down. The entire simplicity of fame still stuck in his head as he peered up at Calum and forced a painful shrug to talk, "They're your fans. Go."

It's not like he needed Calum by his side, quite frankly he preferred to be alone most of the time and getting a break from the somewhat egotistical jerk sounds nice. The brunette declined, waving Luke out of the room and turning to the wincing boy with a quirked up eyebrow showing curiosity but his lips never moved. Thoughts swarming through his head contemplating on bringing up hemophilia but saw the doctor swoop in as he stopped himself just in time.

"Only some of your insurance will cover it," The woman handed a clipboard to Michael who took hold of it using his unscathed arm and gnawed on his chapped lips reading all of the cost information. He's not exactly racking in the cash, he can't pay the four hundred dollars not covered for this, that money should be towards his rent. Calum read the price, catching a glance with Michael as he addressed the doctor curtly.

"I'll pay for it."

It's not like he's on the seams of debt, four hundred dollars to him is like two dollars to someone else. Nonetheless he never pays for other people unless it's a club and he's trying to take a girl home. Which he can trust you, doesn't work for most people even if they're famous. Money can't buy happiness is the cheesiest quote and Calum still believes it can in spite of his fails with using it for just that.

"Here." In between his index finger and middle finger held his debit card, the shiny gold card handed to the doctor as they worked in the corner using it.

"You didn't have to do that for me." Michael frilled the edge of his blanket. He didn't need his help. This is a one time thing and he can sense how much work this is going to be. But with more work comes a greater outcome so maybe this is what's best. Yet all his mind kept telling him was Calum could buy his way out of this. God knows what Michael would do if Calum gave him a stack of cash and bribed his way away from his sincere help.