: eighteen :

Cloaking the night was a dark black sky littered with twinkling stars and a small sliver of the moon to gleam over the car they drove, it was suspenseful. The culprit's house calm and serene, for now. All four of them could smell the revenge, or maybe it was just the scent of chocolate tim tams that they had all munched on for the last fifteen minutes driving to the house.

"Do you think she's home?" Calum had both hands against the glass car window, practically smushed against it at this point with a pale blonde beside him observing the surroundings too. They can't risk any witnesses.

As if it was obvious, Ashton scoffed. "Her car's right there." A hand pointed out his own window to the gray car parked up in the driveway. She lived in a nice development, not too far from where Michael's street lies but yet completely different by it's looks. It's not cutesy cliché two story buildings- over here she lives in damn paradise with a pool out back and her own terrace up to the right of the two story all white modern building she calls home.

"Okay," Calum's brown eyes glanced nervously at the dimpled boy sitting up in the front seat, asking the far too embarrassing question that he knew would be rude. "What's this chick's name again?"

Truly, he had no clue. Maybe he remembered it at the club earlier this week or the few months back when they had their first affair but now it's as if she never existed in the first place. He's not the kind of guy to remember his one night stand's let alone their names.

Luke wasn't surprised, snorting a bit until he saw the slitted hazel eyes beside him practically ready to pounce onto the brunette. If looks could kill, the blonde shook his head in amusement.

It didn't really irk Ashton in the sense that he didn't know her name. That's not the big deal, the anger comes into play by the fact she had the nerve to drop Ashton for this douche bag who can't even recall her name. Isn't it supposed to be one of the first things you learn about a person?

Before the dirty blonde had the chance to shoot any more daggers through his cold stare, Michael's pale arms gestured to the two as a form of barrier, placing a hand on each chest when they both met each other's deathly bitter glowers.

"Hey, hey, we're all friends here." The green eyed boy reminded the group with a very fearful smile on his features. They can't fight in the middle of the night inside of this cramped car. He turned to Ashton, the boy's musty hazel eyes stiff and jaw clenched while he snapped back through gritted teeth, "It's not my fault he's a dick and can't bother to remember a girl's name."

The vulgar insult had the maori snapping one right back in the broke boy's direction, completely ignoring the blonde between them.

"She sure as hell remembers mine though, screamed it plenty of times, but you probably can't relate." His hand swatted the paler of the two's down as if pushing down the border between them, only to hear a hiss of pain and shoot his brown eyes down where he saw Michael clutching his arm to his chest. He's still bruised, Calum mentally scolded himself. How can he be so stupid and forget about hurting him? To be fair, the blonde is wearing a sweatshirt and that covers all of the bruises up.

"Enough, the both of you." Michael muttered and shook off the strong tingling pain in his lower arm that shot through him to his bicep. "No one wants to hear about your sex life," He quipped to the brunette before switching glances to Ashton, "And fucking let it go already. Kendra's a gold digger, you deserve better."

The criticism hurt to hear but it's not false. If anything, what he said only had Ashton nodding along and hanging his head low in shame because he's heard it all before. She just used him for the little money he had and once the infamous Calum Hood came to their town for a concert he was left in the dust. Of course he's going to hold a grudge yet Michael keeps pestering him to leave the past in the past where it belongs. He's starting to see how he's right.