: eighty :

They wake up at noon and they're still in the parking lot. Granted, they fell asleep in the back of Michael's car, the redhead curled up against Calum's chest.

The maori fell asleep sitting, his neck cranes back up and he can feel the ache of staying in that position all this time. A burn strikes in his spine as he tries to loosen up and not feel like he slept in a suitcase. As luxurious as this car may be, it's not meant to be a bed.

He's more than thankful that he took the deal on tinted windows because he'd rather not have pictures of them asleep in a McDonald's parking lot surfing the internet. It would look so degrading and his management would hate to weasel their way out of that one.

Michael is still sound asleep as his mind races through his dream, hugging the maori's stomach as he snores into his neck, one leg hooked over his thighs as the other just barely fits in the seats. He can see Michael's phone on the console light up and show a text from Ashton. He can see a less recent notification of Tiffany texting him something about keeping Calum happy to prevent another outburst.

That's not true. Michael keeps him happy all the time and he still snapped. He's the root of his happiness. Nobody understands that a lack of happiness isn't the problem. He just bottles himself up, and in the midst of happy moments, bad things happen and he has to battle it on his own. Because he feels worse if someone steps in.

Michael is never a problem. He is everything but a problem.

The ding of his text tone causes Michael to stir awake, those mint green eyes flutter open and try to remember where they are and what's become of their late night adventure. His knuckles rub his eyes to wake himself up some more but he looks so adorable while doing it that anything bothering him subsides.

"Good morning," Calum slips a hand out from under Michael's shirt to brush the boy's red fringe away from his face and back in it's rightful place. He has the familiar sleepy grin on his face like every time the maori wakes him up. Michael doesn't mind being in the car, he doesn't mind it one bit if he still has Calum beside him.

"What time is it?" He yawns and stretches his hand away from his face to fumble with his phone on the console. The bright screen blinds him as the many texts show up in front of his background, a photo of them on the couch where Calum's kissing his cheek and his nose is scrunched up as they're both smiling.

12:58 pm flashes on the screen to answer his question before Calum can. He curses at himself for screwing up their sleep schedules, but it was worth it by the way he has the brunette all smiley behind him. A successful trip, with a few side effects, though.

He's unlocking his phone to text his friends back. Ashton's sticks out the most.

finally have a day off so luke and i are throwing a party you down?

And okay, here's the thing, it's not something that is usually helpful towards Calum's mental state. He ends up in fights and gets way too drunk, however he does like social events. He loved them in L.A. But this isn't something to risk, he can't put Calum into situations where he's prone to mess something up. It just wouldn't feel right, knowing he caused it.

And if Michael's being honest, he doesn't like Calum at parties anymore. He won't say it out loud, he knows that'll make the maori feel even worse about himself. It's just the aftermath of their last party experience. . .it didn't go well. He hid in heir bedroom after Calum beat his ex up. All the blood and the fists and the yelling. He was cowering in the corner, the only way he could've moved is by going through them. He had to stay there and hear Calum punch him over and over. Even though he hates his ex, full on despises that guy, he would never wish that upon anyone.