: thirty five :

Being one of the few people Calum knows who doesn't prefer partying felt a little confusing when it came down to preparing for their night out. He didn't know what to wear and when Michael walked out of his room wearing his usually black skinny jeans and a boring band tee Calum sent him right back in there and attempted to give the boy a lot more confidence because someone so awkward and introverted isn't going to have that much fun.

"I thought I looked fine," Michael's lip jutted out in a defensive pout, not exactly understanding why tonight was so important to the rockstar. The brunette was tearing through the blonde's closet and dresser drawers to try to find anything to switch it up from his usual outfit. Sliding all the hangers out of the way he started sifting through the clothes while he shrugged, "You look okay but it's not gonna be very. . ." He searched for the lack of a better term that wouldn't sound raunchy.

"Very?" The blonde urged to hear this explanation, quirking an eyebrow to show his suspiciousness despite the maori having their back to him.

Calum's hand pulled a red and black flannel off it's hanger, pulled a snapback with it as well, then smirked. "Perfect." He threw the items towards the pale boy and shut his closet doors, patiently standing by as he watched Michael give a groan of annoyance and strip himself of his shirt, instantly spinning around to throw his band tee back into the pile he found it and Calum's remorse sky-rocketed at how bruised he was. It was an even more guilty sight when he's not wearing a shirt because it's all collaged in one perspective and not just in little peeks he gets while he'd have a shirt on.

Overall, his back had the worst marks, his arm started to efface by a fraction of an ounce but it still was a light purple colored with little green splotches on the outside. His shoulders, although, definitely made him feel like absolute shit for getting that boy mobbed so carelessly. They each were a deep blue with purple rings surrounding that sapphire center of utter empathy that made the brunette's throat go dry and his mind fall to static.

What made it even worse was that Michael's painkiller's made it seem like he's not affected at all by the singing pain he should feel but is numbed by the meds. He's not supposed to be able to move so fast, let alone lift his arm without it hurting but there he stood, bending down and lifting his flannel up and shrugging it on, completely unaware of his bruises.

As he was halfway done with buttoning his shirt he spun around to face Calum, "Do you have all of your stuff packed?" He looked around the room even though he knew for a fact the answer was no. Practically everything that boy brought to his place was scattered around the room, his duffel bag half open and spilling out clothes, his cigarettes resting in his back pocket as he kept his journal downstairs, still thrown on the floor of his foyer ripped and torn.

"God, no. I'll do that later." The boy shook his head, he tore the plastic wrap from his wrist as he spoke, venturing towards the blonde's nightstand that had healing cream for his tattoo he had gratefully lent him and rubbed that in.

The paler boy couldn't help but smile hopefully at the word later. He'd stay a bit longer, he doesn't want to get out so fast, he doesn't mind falling behind in time if it means more time with Michael. His heart nearly ached with appreciation.

Throwing the black snapback on backwards he giggled lightly, not used to wearing hats that often but not because he thought he looked bad in them, he just never really puts together outfits this elaborately unlike Calum who does this on the daily with his tour outfits.

"Come on," The boy's wrist was tugged and the rockstar was basically pulling him out the door in seconds, the urge to party was a bit too extensive but even just watching someone else drink seemed like relief. The adrenaline was scorching through his veins just to be back where he feels comfortable, where he can let loose and just be away from his management even if it's till late in the night and it may irritate his record label but they'd never drop the most famous teen singer for the past three years running. They'd lose their money maker.