: thirty four :

They were back home in no time, the two each sending pictures of their tattoos to their dear friends Luke and Ashton who were out and about doing their own things, probably making out somewhere but the other boys didn't mind.  They were on the leather couch in the younger boy's living room, it's seats covered high in blankets as Michael's body was clinging onto Calum's while one bowl of cookie dough ice cream (his favorite) was on the brunette's lap, eating some of it himself but for the most part he'd scoop it into the blonde's mouth while some shitty rom-com played on the screen.

To be honest, he was just trying to cherish every second because he's leaving in less than a day and he can barely even will his body to go upstairs and pack up everything and then get back on a plane when in reality he'd much rather stay here. Just live a normal life with the boy he's in love with, the boy he has to leave behind so soon.

Michael never seemed fazed by the entire scenario of Calum leaving, deep down he's aching to chase after him but at the same time he's too socially inept to just say he'd miss him. They have their phone numbers but maybe the maori's right- maybe texting and calling isn't good enough to suffice this friendship (relationship?) they're developing. One week seemed too long when they first started this deal but now it's too short. He shouldn't have grown so attached.

Ashton warned him that this wasn't good. He told him time and time again to not grow any connection with Calum and what does he do? Just that. He learns about his feelings towards music and his intellectual ideas towards where he wants to take his sound in his next album. He read his song book, although told not to, he still found more reasons to just fall deeper in love with him. His way with words drew him in and his little stares that he shoots him when he thinks he's not looking are one of the sweetest things. They've shared beds, they've kissed for God's sake and now it's all just gonna dissipate.

Calum proclaimed his love for him. He surely didn't shout it from the mountains but he still spelled it out clear as day. Of course, he had no clue Michael was awake but if he can just tell him the truth before he leaves the blonde will pack his bags and get on that tour bus with him.

He understands that he can go nonetheless, Calum would be overjoyed if he said he changed his mind but there's actual commitment needed to make this work. Because if Michael's agreeing to follow him around the world he's leaving everything in Sydney- his job, his friends, his family, he'd miss his house, and he'd have to raincheck going to college for another whole year which isn't the brightest idea with him.

His eyes scanned over Calum's that were casually watching the movie with a very unamused face as the stereotypical plot played through. Not wasting any time the blonde let his head fall onto the brunette's shoulder inhaling the scent of cigarette smoke with a smile rising on his shut lips. "When we go into the city tonight," His voice caught Calum's attention instantaneously, his head nodding to let the boy continue. "Can we go clubbing? I know Luke and I said you can't but I rarely go out so this is a good opportunity, right?"

A new flash of excitement showed in the brunette's bold eyes, the usually light and golden shade now turning dark and so deep Michael almost got lost in them. Calum smirked, "I thought you'd never ask." His whole mind was marking down the nightclubs he knows in the city, a couple would be tough to get Michael into, usually just VIP as he is famous and tries to keep his adventures in the higher class. But soon after he found his own mind turning down a tangent of just the thought of Michael dancing in a club, Calum's not even a fan of what they play but if Michael was swaying to it he'd definitely love it.

It felt wrong. He knows not to take advantage of the blonde and he completely accepts the boundaries that boy sets for things that are a bit more sensual and a lot less platonic. He'll keep his distance, he'll even stay sober. Maybe a beer or two but he will stop there to stay safe. He's never brought someone so introverted and pure out partying and he feels the need to keep an eye on him, keep him out of trouble.